Instant email notification doesn't work after AS.net upgrade???

Dennis Moeller

Reaction score
What is wrong...? After the forum upgrade I don't recieve any email notifications when people post in the threads I'm subscribed to. I had a look see in the CP section but the "instant not...." box was ticked...

I didn't change anything...

I think its called bedding in/fine tuning Dennis,the whole interface has been changed so expect a few minor hiccups and be patient...please

I think I've resolved this issue...

Please let me know if problems persist.

Thanks and regards,

Rob.

Thing I notice Rob is I get notified but a fair while later, also had few repeat emails & double post yesterday, just to add to the pot, lol, I'll keep eye on & advise if it does again.

Tonite I actually got 2 emails...but I guess it takes some time to filter through as you guys say...when it comes to THE best A3/S3 forum I have lot's of patience...:o.k:

Just a further update on this one...

With the work put in the other day I achieved about 95% functionality. Unfortunately the last 5% is proving to be a bit of a PITA. I'm working to get it sorted out but it'll probably be Monday/Tuesday before we've got 100% email functionality...

Apologies for any inconvenience. Thanks for your help and patience...

Rob.

I was just curious why you didnt use the audi-sport.net for your email sending instead of gmail mate.

It's been that way for quite a while (since long before I inherited the hotseat)...

I'm making a gradual transition to our own mailserver because the set-up of various different addresses which are used for various things looks quite 'organic' at the moment...

Rob.

Ok just curious, thanks for reply.

I'm beginning to recieve emails now (since yesterday) so all is good on my side...

Thanks

I seem to get a bulk load of notification emails all at once some time after thread updates/PM's left, not instantly, just so you know whats happening.

Rob, any idea when email notification will be back up mate as its been down for a week now, dont get thing through anymore.

ahh thought i was just me! there is a problem then.

I have bought it to Robs attention VIA text that it's still an issue for some members. Problem is there is onlt Rob and Adam that can do anything about it.

I had though that the issue was sorted as did Rob, i am sure he will get back on to it ASAP
Thanks for bringing it back to our attention

The method we use for sending emails is going to change within the next day or so and we are hoping to have it all on the one box so this problem should hopefully be resolved sooner rather than later.

Cheers Guys

Right folks, I've been doing some more tinkering this evening, and I think we've now cracked it :)

We're now handling all mail transmissions 'in house' with our own email server. This means we shouldn't suffer any of the problems we've had since the upgrade with some mails not being handled correctly.

We've been finding that ASN has quite a hunger for computer resources (I don't think it'll be long before we've got our own data centre, never mind rack) - but I guess that can only be a good thing!

Thanks for your patience,

Rob.

So is this in motion now Rob cause I havnt had emails for 1.5 weeks IIRC & threads I'm subscribed to have been updated in the last 20 mins but no emails still mate.

Yes, this is up and running as of this evening. I've been testing 'live' since about 20:00 and not found a single dropped message yet...

Regards,

Rob.

Edit: I am seeing something now, must be slow processing through the web, cheers Rob.

Last edited:
Me too...been getting a lot of emails yesterday and also today...Back to normal.

Cheers