Insurance and the Nurburgring??

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
I am planning a trip out there this coming year and have found some insurers specify no cover at the Nurburgring? If the Ring is open it's a toll road not a race track therefor your insurer HAS to cover at least third party.

Anybody offay with this in detail

I am planning a trip out there this coming year and have found some insurers specify no cover at the Nurburgring? If the Ring is open it's a toll road not a race track therefor your insurer HAS to cover at least third party.

Anybody offay with this in detail

I know Admiral group dont cover any third party damage at the ring/abroad. And will just void your policy if you had an accident while your at the ring. Cant comment on other insurers, may be worth doing a search and seeing if you can find any company that will just cover you on the track while your there.
Good luck

If the insurers have written the clause into the policy at inception then by purchasing the policy you are agreeing to the terms, so are therefore agreeing to not being covered on the 'ring.

You are correct that the insurers have to cover third party losses arising from arising from accidents on the Nurburgring and they will. However if they have specifically excluded use on the 'ring they will instead invalidate cover for the policyholders vehicle and look to recover any third party costs they had to pay from the policyholder!

Many policies won't specifically exclude The Nurburgring as such, instead they list "Derestricted toll roads" as an exclusion.