Insurance claim and mods?

fallmonk

Turbo Sport
Reaction score
Website
www.filshill.co.uk
Anyone made a claim and not been 100% honest with your mods? has this affected the claim? do they even care if not on affected area?
Basicly mate was hit by a car on friday his N/S/F was damaged as the 3rd party pulled out on him BUT hes moded ther car so is currantly uninstalling all mods(exhaust/putting cats back on/stickers off etc) :keule:

waveform2 said:
the slightest little mod undeclared can void your policy, so i'd say he's doing the right thing imho...
I'd be inclined to agree; I've heard very mixed reports on this subject...

One lad I know was paid out, but told anything that was undeclared wasn't covered and wouldn't be paid for. On the other hand another lad I know was dealt with quite severely, and told that he was getting nothing because essentially he was driving a vehicle which wasn't what they'd insured. I think they're most severe when it comes to performance upgrades, as at the end of the day they probably take the line that anything that makes you go quicker could possibly make you more likely to hit something/someone.

I think it's very much at the descretion of the insurer/underwriter, and to that end I wouldn't take the risk either...

Best regards,

Rob.