insurance companys

sportstractor

Chugger
Reaction score
slightly annoyed

Just rung up my van insurance company as they sent me a renewal, as i had to amend some details. After being on hold for 25mins I first off change my address, easy enough. Then I also stated that they had details wrong as mine wasnt a highroof, its a standard roof. Then they started going through the usual, is it modified. Then it dawned on me, had i told them it has been signwritten. Apparently I hadnt. There advisor puts me on hold, and when she comes back she tells me that they do not cover people under 25 with signwriting, as its classed as a modification... well its been insured for a year with them... and now there saying they will not cover me and cancelled my renewal... seems a bit discriminative towards anybody under the age of 25 who is trying to run a business to me?

Now im thinking do i need to remove signwriting which originally cost a fair chunk, or does the advisor just have there facts wrong? as it just seems nuts.

I must have told the original person who quoted me 12 months ago that it was signwritten, but they failed to put it in the documents, makes you wonder what else they forget, just to lower your quote so they get the business.

Sounds ridiculous! Seems like you need to try a new broker.