Insurance for a Van

paddy

Reaction score
I need to buy a Van......so i go down the local Van yard and look at a Merc Sprinter. 82k miles 57 plate £8k.....that will do.
Ring up the insurance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right, I'm 50 i have a clean licence, i have one claim in 34 years it cost me £450 to insure the S3 with stg 1 with Audi's own insurance !!
A Merc sprinter .........£4407.00 with aviva and that was the best quote with a multi insurance search van company.

So does anyone know of an insurance i can put the van and the Audi on the same policy like you can motorcycles ?? I mean i can only drive one at a time..??

OK Cheers Dave, I just need to carry a couple of bikes with some head room as well

that by the way is the company i used :-(

the problem i found when i was trying to insure my van and warrior pick up and car, was that because they are classed as commercial vehicle and not private light goods, they wouldnt put on the same policy as my car.
also the other thing i found out was that if you have a van /pick up and earn no claims on it, then sell to buy a car, the no claims wont count on the car as it was earned on a commercial policy, as my brother found out last year.

i found that the NFU was the cheapest to insure my van and pickup, if that helps, but couldnt put my car on same policy

Thanks
There is an important lesson to be learned here. Do not pay too much attention to the price comparison sights !!
after Dave said sprinters were expensive to insure i changed the van to a 330 Transit......... I put in the same recall quote code so the details were the same and changed the Van details clicked quote and it came back £4007 again although someone else was now offering £2210.......
Thinking this is ****** strange as Transit should be cheaper than a Merc i then put the same details direct in to the Aviva Web site and it came back £610. thats £3400 cheaper !!!!!!!! a friend said to me a while ago that if you use a price comparison site, look to see who is the cheapest then go direct, ring up the second cheapest and say you found it cheaper and will they beat the cheaper price and often they will..........We all know insurance is a lottery but this is crazy..

Thanks
There is an important lesson to be learned here. Do not pay too much attention to the price comparison sights !!
after Dave said sprinters were expensive to insure i changed the van to a 330 Transit......... I put in the same recall quote code so the details were the same and changed the Van details clicked quote and it came back £4007 again although someone else was now offering £2210.......
Thinking this is ****** strange as Transit should be cheaper than a Merc i then put the same details direct in to the Aviva Web site and it came back £610. thats £3400 cheaper !!!!!!!! a friend said to me a while ago that if you use a price comparison site, look to see who is the cheapest then go direct, ring up the second cheapest and say you found it cheaper and will they beat the cheaper price and often they will..........We all know insurance is a lottery but this is crazy..

Ha I always do this... Can't do a multi policy though as said, the van is commercial and has different terms. Iv just got a vivaro swb, dirt cheap to insure. I'd be look for a lwb high roof vivaro if I were you, get so much for your money it's unreal

When looking to buy van insurance, there are many aspects that will need to be taken into consideration, such as the products being transferred, the age of the van, the age and encounter of the car owner, the individuals generating history and the primary aspects as well.