Insurance premiums

Benash20

Reaction score
can anybody recommend any decent insurers who have been reasonably priced I take delivery on the 1st of September of my S3 sport back thanks.

Compare the meerkat is your friend. Admiral seem to be cheap lately.

Also pick mine up on the 1st of September, saisnburys were the cheapest for me at £650 for the year.

Will have a look at sainsburys was with them on my abarth can I ask your age please. I bet your just as excited as me waiting for your new car.

Aviva, use the drive app and get another 10% off if you drive carefully for 200 mile.

Aviva, only insurers who would insure me at a reasonable price... but thats due to a few too many speeding tickets :busted cop:

Will have a look at sainsburys was with them on my abarth can I ask your age please. I bet your just as excited as me waiting for your new car.
the excitement is kicking in, originally was mid September but dealer confirmed today it's the 1st if there's no delays. I'm 27, 3 points and two years no claims. Hope you get something sorted and enjoy the car!

Hi,

Feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like?

If you want to PM me your contact details I'd be happy to arrange for our quotes team to get in touch.

Kind regards
Dan.

Aviva.....£250 for me. By far the cheapest. Admiral are cheeky I hear if you've done a speed awareness course and want to know about it!!

So Have just renewed with Aviva on my S3 and came in at £280 with protected no claims .... on 12K miles a year was quite pleased as only £25 more than my S1 last year. Only annoyance is the enforced £250 excess so its £400 excess in total and you can't reduce .....

If you are bothered by a large excess you can take out an Excess Insurance. I have taken out an Excess Cover for £500 with ALA.CO.UK for £35.00 for 12 months.

So Have just renewed with Aviva on my S3 and came in at £280 with protected no claims .... on 12K miles a year was quite pleased as only £25 more than my S1 last year. Only annoyance is the enforced £250 excess so its £400 excess in total and you can't reduce .....
lucky you they wouldn't provide me a quote for my new S3

Took a quote out with aviva with everything declared when i was 21... Under £800

Sheilas wheels (esure) ! Its not a joke.... theyve been the best for me in terms of price, living in Manchester parked on the street....never made a claim though so who knows

By the way I am 42 !

Moneysupermarket is the best search engine imo then go to the insurer who provides the best deal directly to see if you can blag some more discount.
I paid £250 this year..

I try both MSM and the meerkats and confused and a broker I use called Alan Boswell and Adrian Flux, Aviva, Direct Line, Swinton.

I spend a day on it !

Aviva wasnt on comparison websites when i checked and were 300 cheaper than anywhere else for me

Took a quote out with aviva with everything declared when i was 21... Under £800

Excellent, I'm 21 and its about 900 for my S3, i'll be 22 when I renew so should hopefully be a little less.

I'll try Aviva

Excellent, I'm 21 and its about 900 for my S3, i'll be 22 when I renew so should hopefully be a little less.

I'll try Aviva
Well its that much including coilovers tuning box air intake grill bigger wheels etc

Reactions: DommyR
Forking 'ell just done a quote through aviva and it came through at £530 quid. Thanks for heads up in that one fella.

Reactions: Dobby
And RS3 quote at £685!!!!!!!

You either live in countryside or somewhere very posh !

Surprisingly not. Its a small town in Cambridgeshire so its not terrible but certainly not posh. I bring it down a few levels haha.

Ive noticed on many price comparison sites entering an S3 8v numberplate brings up the old model s3. This makes the insurance considerably more expensive! When you change to the s3 from 2013 on, im 19 and my insurance goes from 1400 to 900! So be careful and make sure your quote is from an S3 2013 on. The old model S3 generally comes up as a3 s3 quattro 08 on and the S3 8v comes up as A3 S3 13 on (no quattro included in the name)

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
Ive noticed on many price comparison sites entering an S3 8v numberplate brings up the old model s3. This makes the insurance considerably more expensive! When you change to the s3 from 2013 on, im 19 and my insurance goes from 1400 to 900! So be careful and make sure your quote is from an S3 2013 on. The old model S3 generally comes up as a3 s3 quattro 08 on and the S3 8v comes up as A3 S3 13 on (no quattro included in the name)

A few years ago I used to drive a saab worth about 2 grand max, insurance was way more than an S3

They say its safety, parts availability, claims in your area etc etc

You know what...they just make it up ! Scandalous industry !

Reactions: rajeevx5
Marks and Spencer's.

£20 more than I was paying for my diesel Leon FR.

If you are bothered by a large excess you can take out an Excess Insurance. I have taken out an Excess Cover for £500 with ALA.CO.UK for £35.00 for 12 months.
Took this out with 10% discount so yeah was £34.80, already have my GAP insurance with them. So overall pretty reasonable Aviva and ALA just over £310 in total with essentially no excess.

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
Took this out with 10% discount so yeah was £34.80, already have my GAP insurance with them. So overall pretty reasonable Aviva and ALA just over £310 in total with essentially no excess.

I use ALA for GAP way cheaper than Audis £500 GAP ! Its Which approved and about a 1/4 of the cost !
Been very good customer service when Ive spoken to them. Not had to make a claim though !

Will look into the excess insurance thats very interesting.

I was thinking maybe a large excess would bring down the insurance by a lot....unfortunately it doesnt ! So theres no getting round it, wont be buying ALA excess cover unless im only offered insurance with a massive excess !

Best quote M&S around £800 worst quote of nearly 6K Drive like a girl'? Includes a telematics box so you can earn a discount

errr F that !