Insurance - Right Model?

lloydie1994

Reaction score
Evening All,
I'm currently trying to decide whether to buy an S3 or not.
I'm attempting to gauge what my insurance cost will be per year fully comp, when i search for the model to get a quote i'm seeing 2 different "derivatives" AUDI A3 2.0T (15ON) 3D AU S3 NAV QUATTRO 1984CC 3DR, and AUDI A3 S3 QUATTRO TFSI 1984cc 3DR.
If i find an S3 registered on a 65 plate and use it as an example it comes up with the AUDI A3 S3 QUATTRO TFSI 1984cc, the difference being around £600 to that of Nav Quattro, this would probably price me out of having one, and potentially into a Range Rover Evoque. Can anyone let me know if the Nav Quattro would apply to vehicles being built in 2016?

James

Evening All,
I'm currently trying to decide whether to buy an S3 or not.
I'm attempting to gauge what my insurance cost will be per year fully comp, when i search for the model to get a quote i'm seeing 2 different "derivatives" AUDI A3 2.0T (15ON) 3D AU S3 NAV QUATTRO 1984CC 3DR, and AUDI A3 S3 QUATTRO TFSI 1984cc 3DR.
If i find an S3 registered on a 65 plate and use it as an example it comes up with the AUDI A3 S3 QUATTRO TFSI 1984cc, the difference being around £600 to that of Nav Quattro, this would probably price me out of having one, and potentially into a Range Rover Evoque. Can anyone let me know if the Nav Quattro would apply to vehicles being built in 2016?

James
Yep the 2016 have nav as standard so I guess they are labelled Au S3 Nav Qauttro..

Im having the same issue, when i ordered my S3 Saloon my insurance quotes were around £1200 (im 20) on a A3 S3 Saloon quattro, but now nearer time to pick my car up the 2016 models are A3 S3 Saloon Quattro Nav and is £600 more for the year. I guess you could try ask the dealer to register the car as an A3 S3 Saloon Quattro instead of the nav version, or tell the insurance company that you have an A3 S3 Saloon Quattro without mentioning nav

Thanks for the replies, rajeev im having the opposite problem, if its a Nav my insurance will be £600 a year if its not it will be £1200. If it's 600 i won't mind.

Reactions: Scottyg
Thanks for the replies, rajeev im having the opposite problem, if its a Nav my insurance will be £600 a year if its not it will be £1200. If it's 600 i won't mind.
Then you have no issue at all as all cars in 2016 are the nav variant. I would double check with your dealer when you do make an order. Btw if you dont mind saying what company did you get a quote of £600 from?
cheers

Churchill was the cheapest i could find! Have a look with them direct!
I'm 18 and 1 years NCB and my insurance is cheaper on an s3 than my current civic type s (which is slow) so must be a demographics thing. Can't complain!

But yep all new models have nav standard i find sportback insurance miles cheaper than 3 dr. Havent tried the saloon though