Insurance rises because of car thefts

Staz

is a retronaut
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
My insurance last year was £515, this years it's gone up to £673! Tried Adrian Flux and even they're quoting £733.

So I phoned a mate's broker and he asked what car, as soon as I said Audi S3 he said "Yeah top end Audis have gone up recently because of the high number of claims for thefts".

I ****** hate this country sometimes. I have paid out thousands in insurance so far and never claimed a penny. AND my car is stored in a secure base but that has no effect!

Mine stayed the same after phoning around, I ended back with AdrianFlux, who garanteed to beat any quote, whic kept my premium exactly the same as last year to the penny with the same insurance provider.
Mine's an old S3 though, and most definitely not worth much as more modern top end Audi's today.

AND my car is stored in a secure base but that has no effect!

Try shopping around, when I worked for the Forces I went with Groupama who knocked some off when I told them I lived on camp, maybe some other insurance companies do the same.

Not heard of them mate. Got a better price from Aviva through RAC now though.

I had the same problem this year.
I ended up with Greenlight.

Give them a bash.
They were very helpful and didnt freak when I declared REVO.

In fact they reckon they were about to contact AS to discuss possible site sponsorship, iirc they already sponsor other sites, pretty sure UKMKIVs is one.

cheers
Paul

I had the same problem this year.
I ended up with Greenlight.

Give them a bash.
They were very helpful and didnt freak when I declared REVO.

In fact they reckon they were about to contact AS to discuss possible site sponsorship, iirc they already sponsor other sites, pretty sure UKMKIVs is one.

cheers
Paul

Not knocking Greenlight Insurance, I was with them for a year previously, but I have always found that AdrianFlux will beat their quotes, and as such, I generally call these two companies last for insurance quotes. I've also noticed Sky Insurance is very competitive for modified Audi's also....

You just have to shop around every year otherwise you get screwed by whoever you're with, who seem to have no interest in retaining loyal customers who haven't cost them a penny. Just enter your details on confused.com and it remembers them every year and will give you all the cheapest quotes, and even remembers to send them to you when your renewal is due. Saves all the fannying around and more importantly will save you hundreds of pounds.

You just have to shop around every year otherwise you get screwed by whoever you're with, who seem to have no interest in retaining loyal customers who haven't cost them a penny. Just enter your details on confused.com and it remembers them every year and will give you all the cheapest quotes, and even remembers to send them to you when your renewal is due. Saves all the fannying around and more importantly will save you hundreds of pounds.

If your car is standard of course. ;)

I used confused.com last year and got a good price but this year their best quote was £150 over the price I got in the end. Adrian Flux was more still!

I'll dig this thread out next year and give the other guys a try. I'm new to this shopping around game. In Germany I stayed with the same company and then the last year's insurance was with the cheapest company that would cover me as most classed my car as in import when I moved back to UK.

Thanks for the advice guys :icon_thumright:

I am with Audi insurance as they worked out to be the cheapest, despite the guy at Beechwood saying avoid them as they are notoriously expensive.

I had 9yrs no claims but have spent two years on a classic policy with my Cossie, you lose the no claims after two years, no one else accepted them but Audi did and bought the cost down to £810 from £2400.

Mine was £308 on a brand new Audi A4. Did it through aviva this time. Also did the online quote through a cash back website valled quidco which gave me £75 cash back. Therefore total cost = £233. Bargain :)

Directline do discount for purchasing online and then a further discount if theres another person in the same household covered by them, 10% off the most expensive policy of the two, I dont think they do modified cars though, could be worth a try.