INSURANCE S3

whispering john

Reaction score
Help please, just been quoted £814.00 fully comp!!!!! for a new 2017 s3 from Aviva my insurance company. I am 56 years old and have full no claims and live in Worcestershire with a clean licence . MAD price!!!! Time to move on, any good insurance quotes from good companies. Thank you.

I was quoted £710 I'm 34 with 10 years no claims.

Added my mum on, to take it down to £260. It's a joke.

AXA gave me a good price and take 10% off for a dash cam!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you are over 50 try Saga. They give two years new replacement, other companies are only one year . The overall cover is good and the price for me was competitive . Around £300 at 59 in Essex

Aviva quoted me £1072, I'm 30 with full no claims and a clean licence too.

I'm currently with Direct Line and they have quoted £526 so will most likely be staying with them.

Help please, just been quoted £814.00 fully comp!!!!! for a new 2017 s3 from Aviva my insurance company. I am 56 years old and have full no claims and live in Worcestershire with a clean licence . MAD price!!!! Time to move on, any good insurance quotes from good companies. Thank you.

That seems really excessive! Do you live in a high risk postcode area?
I just renewed with Aviva last week. FL S3 saloon, I'm 55 years old and like you I have full no claims and clean licence. Car is parked on street with protected no claims and business use included and my premium was £254.
Sometimes it's really difficult to understand how the premiums are calculated with two quotes from the same insurance provider that look to be fairly similar having such a big variance in price.
I'm sure you will find much cheaper. I had several sub £300 quotes on the comparison sites.

Pace ward Quoted me £550

Thats for myself and my wife, 3 point and 1 claim on my file. I'm 32.

Direct Line quoted me £600+ over the phone but online they were £226 (seriously!!).
All exactly like for like too.
Had a few words with them about that one.

Just got renewal through from Aviva £398 with £400 excess. FK postcode, 38 with clean licence and 16yrs no claims. Not a bad price really given it only £50 more than last year for a Mini Countryman, excess now includes £250 compulsory though on the S3.
Now the search begins for a better price!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and BigBill
Axa here, 34 with 9+years no claims.

Came in at £430~ without any dashcam nonsense.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Direct Line quoted me £600+ over the phone but online they were £226 (seriously!!).
All exactly like for like too.
Had a few words with them about that one.

What a total scam, remember that out of the £226 they would need to pay the comparison site a fee.

Direct line whacked my wife's insurance up when she went from 1 Citigo to another. It was mid year so we stuck with them. Will move on next time.

I wish there was more regulation over how the insurance industry operated.

What a total scam, remember that out of the £226 they would need to pay the comparison site a fee.

Direct line whacked my wife's insurance up when she went from 1 Citigo to another. It was mid year so we stuck with them. Will move on next time.

I wish there was more regulation over how the insurance industry operated.

DL aren't on comparison sites, therefore they were plainly ripping the customer off.

When I called them and said can't they just check my online quote and change over the policy by phone, they said "if we did that, everyone would just do the same"!!! To which I replied "so you're admitting that you are shafting those who don't check online then"............ no reply.

So it was actually cheaper to pay the cancellation fee of £47 for the S5 insurance and start from scratch with the online policy for the S3.

I will be shopping around every year now.

Reactions: BigBill
Reactions: skyinsurance, BigBill, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
I had similar quote from Aviva for the S3 at around £1400 (35, 8yr no claims, no points on licence), had been with them for years so called up but they were not willing to reduce the price. Got a quote from Admiral for £450 and cancelled Aviva policy, definitely worthwhile shopping around for car insurance at the moment.

Another AXA advocate here........... 38 year old with 30 year old wife on policy too, 9 years no claims and insured to use for business purposes too - £560 with only £85 excess.

Definitely worth using the comparison sites.

Another AXA advocate here........... 38 year old with 30 year old wife on policy too, 9 years no claims and insured to use for business purposes too - £560 with only £85 excess.

Just got quoted £580 with AXA with £85 excess and £250 compulsory. Would be better sticking with Aviva. Buts is just dawned on me that when asked for any claims I said no, forgot that windscreen was replace in Feb doh!

arrrr, yeah common mistake bud, people forget, great, claim for a window screen but it is a declarable claim on your insurance.

Reactions: BarryG79
Have you tried us for insurance yet? If you wanted to PM me I'd be happy to arrange a quotation for you.

Kind Regards
Dan

20 year old, 0 years no claims, 1.0 TFSI A3, £2100 :'(
Sorry mate but that made me smile, we were all young once, it will come down! :)

AXA here, went direct with them £270'ish, even lower than last year!

Reactions: OST, Jon Roach, Sandra and 1 other person
I was paying just over £300 on my Q3 184 TDI, got the S3 phoned up to change the insurance over and was quoted by my provided over £1000 told them to go jump for that.

In the end settled for Performance Direct and got it for £590, I am 41 years old with full no claims.

arrrr, yeah common mistake bud, people forget, great, claim for a window screen but it is a declarable claim on your insurance.

I was certain that windscreen replacement did NOT count as a claim?

£440 with More Than, 46 years old and with buisness class cover but xs is £750 total.

Have you tried us for insurance yet? If you wanted to PM me I'd be happy to arrange a quotation for you.

Kind Regards
Dan

Got a quote from you guys... £1,530 p/a ?? How is that possibly right? Competitors are quoting much much cheaper?

Who'd pay that? It's an S3 not an R8

Reactions: froggyr32
Got a quote from you guys... £1,530 p/a ?? How is that possibly right? Competitors are quoting much much cheaper?

Who'd pay that? It's an S3 not an R8

Same here,nearly treble the price of my Direct line quote.

Just got renewal through from Aviva £398 with £400 excess. FK postcode, 38 with clean licence and 16yrs no claims. Not a bad price really given it only £50 more than last year for a Mini Countryman, excess now includes £250 compulsory though on the S3.
Now the search begins for a better price!

Just renewed with Aviva, £361 after discount having used Aviva Drive app. £430 was the cheapest quote elsewhere.

Reactions: AudiNutta, BigBill and MikeSel^
Just renewed with Aviva, £361 after discount having used Aviva Drive app. £430 was the cheapest quote elsewhere.

Aviva drive app and S3, isn't that defeating the point a bit?
Quick car, but have to drive like miss daisy because big brother is monitoring you?

Aviva drive app and S3, isn't that defeating the point a bit?
Quick car, but have to drive like miss daisy because big brother is monitoring you?

Its not missing the point as im pretty sure the Aviva Drive app is just an app that you use for a few days to assess your driving, feedback is then sent to the insurer and your quote adjusts accordingly. It isnt like the "black box" style used for younger drivers that is hardwired in. Well worth doing if it works which clearly it does as it saved @BarryG79 some cash...

Info for you here:

http://www.aviva.co.uk/car-insurance/drive/

Gotchya, if that's the case then sounds like a good plan.
I could drive miss daisy for a couple of days, but then I would be itching to get on with it!

Reactions: AudiNutta and Ormesome
Drove 200miles like miss daisy and scored 5.9 out of 10. Giving UP TO 14% off, called to apply the discount as was only entitled to 7% as my renewal was less than £400 which had to excluded any extras like legal protection, courtesy car etc. Better than nothing I suppose.

Drove 200miles like miss daisy and scored 5.9 out of 10. Giving UP TO 14% off, called to apply the discount as was only entitled to 7% as my renewal was less than £400 which had to excluded any extras like legal protection, courtesy car etc. Better than nothing I suppose.

Here's how I performed
5c2380b2a44e2f0cb0720ee47aeb7d1d.jpg
4333c77eefc2269f3d46484fbc9c3254.jpg
3d49f3b2c0b2c15391e3a18d8db2dbc5.jpg

I might have to try it just for sizzles&giggles driving a CVT alleviates all that shift jerk at least ;)

Reactions: BarryG79

Not read all the comments so this may be a repeat...
I'm 42 have a well modified S3 with mileage on 15k yr and have full comp insurance with Adrian Flux for £400