****** insurance

Orange225

Reaction score
Just need to have a big of a rant, in January my car was given away/stolen while it was at a garage for repair, my insurance was notified that someone had taken the car, it was recovered 3 days later and my insurance was renewed and was told my policy wouldn't change, now it's renewal time my insurance has doubled to over £1300. Any online quotes I get, I have to declare it as being stolen and tell them what the claim was and how much it cost, problem is is there was no claim and no damage, for quotes involving theft of the car there's a minimum of £50 of claim cost (I didn't make a claim). Now all insurance quotes are costing me twice what they would without all this. Royal pain in the ****

Most insurance companies are robbing ********. Have you tried any of the forum sponsors? I've found for the past few years they have smashed any other quotes i've been getting.

had this before when i rang to ask them a question - they counted it as a claim yet no claim was ever put in or cost them any money!

That's the problem. No claim was ever made and no money changed hands, all the insurers did was cancel my policy for 3 days, none of the insurers I've ring can believe the situation and all have to disappear for five minutes to check with the boss what to put down.

Did you try caparison sites ?
Compare the market has some good prices.

If not claim was made,no money exchanged. Then simply don't put that in. As you did not claim anything from the insurance.

I have tried them but they're still over £800. If I don't put it down then it'll be void as its recorded on my previous insurer which was confirmed when I was getting quotes on the phone

The insurers know what they are doing - they love to get you by the balls. They must all collude to fix prices????

Managed to get it for 770 with a few extras and only £150 excess. Managed to get it under £600 with octagon, when I got the confirmation my license details were wrong, said I had it 15 years, not 15 months, so that went up by £450, so cancelled that and managed to get it for £770 with diamond (for ladies) who after everything had gone through asked if I'd like to go with their sister company as I'm not a lady. Wait for it.

Elephant insurance!!!!
So I'm back with elephant and a whole £300 cheaper than they could do for me.
What a pain in the ****.

Reactions: Double V
Why is it not being put down as a claim on the garage insurance as surely they would have to cover it while in their care .
Or am I just being stupid thinking this ?

Surely the garage takes the hit ? Although insurance companies are barstards u no that ifbi have an accident in the works van I have to declare that now even if someone piles up the back of me

My insurance said because my own car had been stolen so now it's more likely to be stolen again, which is why my premium went up.
But it wasn't stolen from your designated place ? Sounds bizzare I wouldn't even mention it if no claim was made

Yeah it's been hard work, it has to be mentioned as its on my renewal document which the new insurer asks to see for proof of no claims.
I'm in the middle of trying to get the garage to pay the difference

Yeah it's been hard work, it has to be mentioned as its on my renewal document which the new insurer asks to see for proof of no claims.
I'm in the middle of trying to get the garage to pay the difference
Proof of no claims can be sent as a single document

Still don't know how it all works, was the first time renewing
Well first off never ever renew they hope your lazy and don't shop around customer loyalty doesn't exist to insurance companies same with aa rac 99% of time always a better deal to be had

Mate some are crazy one place quoted me 9500 on them comparison sites and I'm 33 14yrs no claims,got it for 510 in the end

Modded s3,if it's standard can get it for like £350

We have all been there mate,did you add your parents as named drivers ?that normally knocks a few quid off

Yeah hence both parents on mine even though wouldn't let either of them anywhere near my car lol

I'm sure they just pull a random number out of their ****, my other half is 35 with 13 years no claims. Done some more digging on my policy and it turns out I'm not allowed to drive other cars.

I've only been allowed to drive other cars on 2 policies in 7 years. One when I was 22 (weird) and my current one at 25 going on 26. 25 is apparently the cut off point for that disclaimer, but I'll believe it when I see it...

I've only been allowed to drive other cars on 2 policies in 7 years. One when I was 22 (weird) and my current one at 25 going on 26. 25 is apparently the cut off point for that disclaimer, but I'll believe it when I see it...
Welll I'm 33 going on 21 and can't drive other cars