Intake & Exhaust Advice Wanted

RyanCopter

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Audi A3 Sportback, 1.4 TFSI.

Been sitting on the fence about when to start getting stuck into it cause I've only had it 8 months but after finding the best remap place and having that in mind for future I really want to improve the airflow.

Just looking for some recommendations for a cold air intake and exhaust system or if not a full exhaust system the best recommended mod to the current system like adding on a different back box or de-cat etc.

Obviously the 1.4 isn't the quickest but at 20 it's the sensible daily driver option for me right now and I just want to bring that power up to around the 180BHP mark roughly.

I've seen some 1.4Ts with exhaust systems, not sure of brand/what was done but they sounded awful (i.e like a 1.5 EK shape Civic fart can), really raspy and prolonged grumbles, I want something that'll sound sharp and loud at 3000rpm+ but a little more sensible in the lower rev range, not silent like but just not neighbour startling noise.

I have some ideas about exhaust and have a really good local company who specializes in it but with the intake I'm totally in the dark, something I really don't have a clue about if I'm perfectly honest.