Intake mainfold to FPR hose WARNING

god_thats_quick

Numptie of the highest order
Reaction score
Website
www.theregister.co.uk
Hi All,

Just thought I'd let you know what I found this afternoon, the hose from the Intake manifold to the FPR on my S3 was split at both ends. I had noticed a long time ago that the fabric cover was a little fraid at the FPR end. Having a closer look today it was actually split through at the end attached to the manifold (very awkward place). The end attaching to the FPR was ok however at closer inpection appears to have split length ways under the clip.

The wierd thing about all of this is that it must have only been a VERY small leak if at all as my boost gauge was reading pretty much as it should, only problem being is I don't have before / after readings as I used some of the hose from the boost gauge to replace the knackered hose.

Might be worth having a quick look next time you open the bonnet!

Cheers,

Ben.

If the leak was bad enough, your idle would have been irratic when coming off the gas...would have had to ease it to idle, and also, you would have been running rich... I've had enough ****** air leak problems! lol. I check all of thos hoses regularly.

If it was not effecting your boost gauge, the likelyhood is that it was not effecting the running of the car.

Rich