Intake Manifold help

Fully

Reaction score
Hi,
So earlier tonight i was going to replace my intake manifold BRD for a BKD one, but ran straight into problems.

f585zgD.jpg

To remove the manifold i can't get to bolt arrowed 1, due to pipe 2 being too close.
I can't get to the bolt in pipe 2 as is too close to pipe 3.
I think pipe 3 is a coolant pipe (hard black one)
not sure what pipe 2 is (hard silver one)

Can anyone advise me on how best to get this manifold off?
I can't delete EGR coz of the DPF.
cheers

Pipe 2 is your EGR to cooler pipe.

Other than that I can't really help you, I had already removed my EGR, cooler and all associated gubbins by the time I changed my manifold.
But you'll have to removed/loosen pipe 2 first.
And there is also 1 bolt inside the manifold that is accessible through the EGR hole.

Pipe 2 is your EGR to cooler pipe.

Other than that I can't really help you, I had already removed my EGR, cooler and all associated gubbins by the time I changed my manifold.
But you'll have to removed/loosen pipe 2 first.
And there is also 1 bolt inside the manifold that is accessible through the EGR hole.

So both pipes are fluid and gonna leak crap everywhere probably in reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So both pipes are fluid and gonna leak **** everywhere probably in reality.

No.

But from experience, I would suggest if you're struggling to get to this point i wouldn't advise doing this job yourself.

So both pipes are fluid and gonna leak **** everywhere probably in reality.

No the EGR to cooler pipe might have some carbon crud in it, but won't leak if loosened.
Yes the water pipe will though.
As I said, you need to remove your EGR valve to get at the manifold not inside.

How mine looks, with all removed.

Attachments

• IMG_20201114_145525885.jpg
    IMG_20201114_145525885.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 86
No the EGR to cooler pipe might have some carbon crud in it, but won't leak if loosened.
Yes the water pipe will though.
As I said, you need to remove your EGR valve to get at the manifold not inside.

How mine looks, with all removed.
Yeah i plan on removing EGR and DPF at a later date after discussing it with a tuner.
when i get the time to do it, for now i'll clamp the rubber parts of the water pipe and move them out the way then replace the manifold.
i'm not worried about the cooler pipe now, so that's cool.
thanks for the info.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
I seem to remember a bracket that can be loosened to allow you to move pipe 3 ,follow the pipe around toward back of engine (if I remember rightly) out of the way enough to access all bolts.Think it took maybe 1/2hr to remove egr bracket ,inlet flap/asv and manifold when I cleaned all mine out

I seem to remember a bracket that can be loosened to allow you to move pipe 3 ,follow the pipe around toward back of engine (if I remember rightly) out of the way enough to access all bolts.Think it took maybe 1/2hr to remove egr bracket ,inlet flap/asv and manifold when I cleaned all mine out

Cheers for the advice.

Don’t have to disconnect the pipe at all but this bracket being undone gives enough slack to move the pipe enough..I don’t have a 2.0tdi anymore so can’t check for definite,but I’m pretty sure I did this

Reactions: Fully
This isn't complicated guys

Remove this one bolt and it will give you the access you need.

Like I said before. If you can't figure that out yourself I would not recommend taking the inlet manifold itself off the block.

F585zgD

Reactions: Jamsmoo
Oops, i didn't listen to tr7, but i did listen :smirk:
You could have just posted that little bit of wisdom originally, would have done it a day and a half earlier :tearsofjoy:

Anyhow, tonight i gave the Manifold swap another go.

mlgfLSY.jpg

kSkr7jn.jpg

G7zo8Hw.jpg

From walking out the door to coming back in the house and getting cleaned up it took 1h47m, not bad considering the lighting wasn't great when i started.

7KP9jtJ.jpg

and found this lodged underneath the manifold.
Cheers for all the input guys.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
I removed all the vacuum pipework and solenoids too, just taping over the electrical connectors.
But this threw up the EML, so I replaced the solenoids but left the pipework off. It's looks much neater.