Intake manifold

cammage08

Reaction score
Hi I'm having a problems with the intake manifold on my 2.0tdi B8. I have fault "Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low Bank 1" bringing the EML on. Done quite abit of searching and I'm not getting very far. I've removed the motor/actuator on the end of the manifold and opened and cleaned it all. But again still shows a fault. Is it a case of just biting the bullet and buying a new motor or is there anything else I can do first?

Thanks

Reactions: gray99y
When mine kept popping up with that fault I just gave it a good run and it cleared.

Was it the same "low" fault? There seems to be a few different variants of it, high,low, open, intermittent.

Thanks

Hi I'm having a problems with the intake manifold on my 2.0tdi B8. I have fault "Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low Bank 1" bringing the EML on. Done quite abit of searching and I'm not getting very far. I've removed the motor/actuator on the end of the manifold and opened and cleaned it all. But again still shows a fault. Is it a case of just biting the bullet and buying a new motor or is there anything else I can do first?

Thanks

I'm having a similar problem, although my car is a 1.8T. I cleaned the motor as you have done which didn't work, so I replaced it. This didn't work either and the light is back on. I have a feeling it will be a new manifold for me unfortunately

Thanks for your reply, yes my motor looked in good shape. The intakes are not cheap, where did you get your motor from?

Thanks

I got mine from eBay. Just a tip - If you are buying one make sure you match the part numbers rather than using your make/model/reg etc, as there is a few variations. You should be able to see the part number without taking it out. It's an easy replacement, at least it is on the 1.8, just 4 bolts. Took me 10 mins.

Reactions: cammage08
I'm Still having issues with this.. I replaced the motor/actuator which in turn cleared the fault light only to come back on again with a different code P2015. After searching for some time it looks like it's another common fault of the actuator rotating to far back to its "home" position causing the fault. A company in America have built a part which seems to limit the amount the actuator can rest.

https://www.dieselgeek.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=EGR-P2015-711AG

I have the P2015 fix on my Tiguan. It works. When the fault presents itself, just use your index finger to lever back the arm and it won't come back for the duration of the engine running.

Definitely worth getting, six months and no fault return. The little motor just can't pull the arm back after time, don't replace the manifold for a P2015 issue.

Thanks for that! Did you get the same part from diesel geeks?

Yep, there is a little import duty to pay but it was worth it to me, you could fab up a solution using a screw etc but that part is great. Very easy to fit, just watch that spring doesn't zing away.