Intake options

Chris-32T

Reaction score
I've had a quick scan through the threads in this section and don't think this has been covered ?!?!?!?

So as title really, any of you guys came across anything on the market yet ??. I know ITG made one for the TTRS but that doesnt seem to fit the RS3 from what i've read.

I know the factory airbox is supposed to flow really well, but id still be interested in an Intake if one was to become available.

Cheers
Chris

Evoms intake ..
bc7fdd6eeb54807481ad46b4b86d7b3a_zpsd64e38e9.jpg

revo intake
d13bc6e31b857f2884a2fdac0120d43d_zps910af2e6.jpg

Reactions: Chris-32T
Looking at the second one ,thats looks like it for a ttrs ,as i cant see washer bottle ..
steve jnr at statllers done the evoms one ,on a rs3 ..
i contacted steve nicholson at itg and he told me to contact :All of our VAG kits are sold through our technical partners VW Racing.
For pricing and availability, please contact the following address.
apruk@goapr.com

as i was interested in the itg option for the rs3 ..

Last edited:
Cheers for that :)

Yeah i'm quite keen on the ITG option myself, i've even just sent a query to ITG about this so i guess i can expect the same reply as you lol :)

That Evoms one also looks pretty good like but it looks like they have just untilised the OEM intake hard pipe and added a filter and piece of silicone hose on the End.

Well guess i'll just see what i get back from ITG and go from there, will keep this thread updated best i can with what conclusion i come to.

Cheers
Chris

Hi chris just find it a bit of a shame they only do one for ttrs but not the rs3 , i was told the ttrs one fits with a bit of modification ,as i asked the question on another forum ,was not sure and did not want to take the chance....

Evoms intake ..

revo intake
d13bc6e31b857f2884a2fdac0120d43d_zps910af2e6.jpg
But it does fit the RS3 exactly as shown. I/we actually fitted this same arrangement to an RS3 several weeks ago; it did need some bending of the 'duct' plate at the front, and a suitable front support/extension bracket, but it does fit and does work brilliantly - a great noise!

Hi chris just find it a bit of a shame they only do one for ttrs but not the rs3 , i was told the ttrs one fits with a bit of modification ,as i asked the question on another forum ,was not sure and did not want to take the chance....

Yeah it is a bit of a shame, just had word back from ITG similar to the answer you were given, but they also mentioned that they had not been asked to put a kit together as of yet. So im going to get onto APR UK today to see what can be done :)

It may be just me though but it looks.... well a bit cheap ****e?

It may well be that it makes better noise or perhaps even gives some gains but honestly, look at it and tell me that it is aesthetically better. A big cone filter and some loosely fitting shielding is likely what the Nova boys used to have in the 80's and 90's. Maybe I was just spoiled with the GruppeM on the RS4.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Those 2 pictured are a bit homemade in appearance and as such i probably would do without if they were the only kits on the market, but the ITG kit as fitted to JonnyC TTRS and Mattchaps TTRS both look really good. And thats the one im hoping to get. :)

Just waiting to hear back to see what can be done.

Is that the Carbon fibre cylindrical one you are referring to? It looks better but as you have said before and IIRC from one of the TT-RS forums, the VCDS logged airflow rate difference through one of those vs. OEM was negligible.

Yeah thats correct P_G, you got a link to that thread ?? wouldn't mind taking a look. but as far as i'm aware those ITG setups that were tested were the first version, i believe there is a revised kit out which has just been fitted to Jonny C's TTRS which flows a lot better than his first setup.

Like i said im awaiting a reply from APRuk to see what is available and at what cost etc, if it turns out its not much better than the standard box then i will just go with a panel filter, and look at buying a second airbox to see if it can be smoothed inside to aid flow.

It was either on Audizine or SRS but TBH I read so many forums I can't remember!

Just to update this thread a little,

Been in contact with EVAN @ APR, over the past week via email about an intake for the RS3, Found out the TTRS kit will not fit (which i was already aware of) and they would need to develop an RS3 specific kit. But after all there research and the data they have collected they dont feel an intake on the RS3 would yield the gains seen from other cars due to the intake system on the RS3 being so efficient.

So i now plan on just going with a panel filter and also im going to look to see if any smoothing could be done within the factory air box to aid flow :) (every little helps right........)

Cheers

Chris

Exactly what ive opted for, K&N Panel filter from Revolution-motorsport did the job nicely!

I've seen/suffered first hand with heat soak on other cars so i'm no longer an intake kinda guy.

There are a few out there to choose from, I have a Pipercross filter and IIRC ITG and BMC do panel versions for the RS3. Had BMC in my RS4 but couldn't be bothered with the hassle of cleaning and oiling it this time round.

the revo intake in the picture is made by pipercross. Its the same kit as TTRS except the heat shield is little different £299+vat