Facelift Intake upgrade without a map?

ANoor85

Reaction score
Would upgrading the turbo elbow, intake pipe and panel filter without a remap make any marked difference in performance? Or is it better just to wait and do at the same time as map? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I am kinda in the same situation as yourself here. My understanding is these upgrades like intercooler, air filter, turbo down pipe etc will enhance and perform better with a map. The cost versus benefits from a gains prospective will be marginal if anything noticeable. There might be some slight performance increase but the bang for buck is a Stage 1 + the additional mods.

Am sure others would agree and provide similar comments.

Reactions: ANoor85
You can go ahead and get the parts fitted, you may see a small increase over standard but nothing major they come into their own with a software change, it certainly won't harm anything, the only situation you have to be cautious of when fitting performance parts is things like downpipe as these will affect how the engine runs with the standard software.

Reactions: 8YARWY
No harm in doing it bit by bit. Get the bolt on pieces when you can and then stick a tune in at the end, money permitting, if that’s what you want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did all the upgrades well before I had it properly mapped.
But I was running the JB4 too.

@Sequence is correct about the DP as that can upset the car.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would upgrading the turbo elbow, intake pipe and panel filter without a remap make any marked difference in performance? Or is it better just to wait and do at the same time as map? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Like everyone else says here there would be little marked difference although the likes of intake pipes and turbo elbows would do no harm. If you to decide on making these changes now I would recommend using the Revo 4" turbo elbow. Ive seen on here that the Forge rubs on just about everything near hand and I have first hand experience of the Unitronic 3" elbow with the scalloped edge. It rubbed on the brake servo unit under WOT and the heat shield for the brake resevoir and no matter how I adjusted it made no difference. I was since recommended by supplier to go get dogbone mounts fitted to temper engine movement as he refused to take it back. Its not fit for purpose.
So, for the turbo elbow defo go the Revo route....

Reactions: Dan_DJT and ANoor85