Intercooler questions

garethdj

Reaction score
So as much I've as said I'm done already with springs, spacers and tvs tune booked in over next few weeks I'm already looking at intercooler and intakes!

It'll either be Revo of the Wagner Evo 1 as I don't want to modify the crash bar.

I'm aware of the ebay Evo1 China copy but think I want to stay clear. However I've come across this brand FMIC Pro who seem to sponsor some legit racers, but again it looks like an Evo1 copy.

Thoughts?!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

It is indeed just a badged up evo 1 china copy, I can now say from personal experience the china one is plenty efficient, if you want to spend the kind of money on the real evo 1 then I would just go a little further and do the revo one.

Reactions: garethdj
It is indeed just a badged up evo 1 china copy, I can now say from personal experience the china one is plenty efficient, if you want to spend the kind of money on the real evo 1 then I would just go a little further and do the revo one.
Good to hear. My worry with the China one was that it looked the same but perhaps the core was just rubbish in comparison. Assume you are currently running one?

Good to hear. My worry with the China one was that it looked the same but perhaps the core was just rubbish in comparison. Assume you are currently running one?

I am, fit was good no issues, and so far from logging in similar conditions around -20c reduction in charge temps at 12c ambient stage 2 level of power.

Very interesting and good to hear. I'm not even thinking of stage 2 to be honest just to add supporting mods to the stage 1... Never say never though right!

Next question thread is going to be what intake to get! Forge seems must bang for buck with the inlet but I've heard people say it can vibrate on the brake pedal.

Very interesting and good to hear. I'm not even thinking of stage 2 to be honest just to add supporting mods to the stage 1... Never say never though right!

Next question thread is going to be what intake to get! Forge seems must bang for buck with the inlet but I've heard people say it can vibrate on the brake pedal.

Avoid the forge

I don’t know how they get away with saying it’s a good fit.
660978665dfd664b16f14e1aa6dbca0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Sequence
Avoid the forge

I don’t know how they get away with saying it’s a good fit.
660978665dfd664b16f14e1aa6dbca0e.jpg

Jesus! Unitronic up for sale soon, how did you find it/why the Revo upgrade?

Jesus! Unitronic up for sale soon, how did you find it/why the Revo upgrade?

As soon as I have the Revo (still waiting) the Unitronic will be up for sale.

[/QUOT
Can you put a link to the one you purchased? There seem a few sellers with brands like majesty and majestic. I am only going stage one on my TT RS so sounds like this will be fine.

Can you put a link to the one you purchased? There seem a few sellers with brands like majesty and majestic. I am only going stage one on my TT RS so sounds like this will be fine.
Get in touch with Haz motorsport he sourced one for me, he got a few so hopefully has some left.

Was thinking the same but bet they're all out the same factory. Got one in the basket and with a discount at checkout it's coming in at 297 delivered. Thinking its surely worth a punt!

As soon as I have the Revo (still waiting) the Unitronic will be up for sale.

Might have it off you if you for the right price if catch me on the right day so let me know once you've taken it off

Contacted Haz. Gave me 10% off the basket, if I took the Unitronic elbow and cooler but going to leave it for now. Very responsive and helpful which was good for future.

£550 full price for the cooler, no way of ever finding out but I just can't see it not being the same as those on ebay for under £300 so if do take a punt it'll be on one of those!

Contacted Haz. Gave me 10% off the basket, if I took the Unitronic elbow and cooler but going to leave it for now. Very responsive and helpful which was good for future.

£550 full price for the cooler, no way of ever finding out but I just can't see it not being the same as those on ebay for under £300 so if do take a punt it'll be on one of those!

They are the same but that's the cost for convenience don't forget there are import fees on top so it would work out closer to £400 anyway.

hey mate, how's the intercooler holding up?
i've been eyeing this two intercoolers on aliexpress and not sure which one to buy yet

wagner evo1: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001173996827.html
HG motorsport: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000057091333.html

hey mate, how's the intercooler holding up?
i've been eyeing this two intercoolers on aliexpress and not sure which one to buy yet

wagner evo1: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001173996827.html
HG motorsport: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000057091333.html
Very well, no issues or concerns so wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I can only speak for the first one you linked. The second looks ok and certainly like a hg copy though they only made theirs for the pfl not the fl so there could be a fitment issue there. I would give Haz motorsport a call and they will be able to sort you out with one quick and saves a long wait + the fees and hassle.

Very well, no issues or concerns so wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I can only speak for the first one you linked. The second looks ok and certainly like a hg copy though they only made theirs for the pfl not the fl so there could be a fitment issue there. I would give Haz motorsport a call and they will be able to sort you out with one quick and saves a long wait + the fees and hassle.
I'm Aussie so don't think Haz will able to help me, but thanks for the help. I do own a PFL so that's all fine, and I do think PFL intercoolers fit the FL just fine since the front end didn't change much, if at all. I'm going for a stage 2 e85 setup so I'm not sure if these are sufficient cooling for this setup, what do you think?

I'm Aussie so don't think Haz will able to help me, but thanks for the help. I do own a PFL so that's all fine, and I do think PFL intercoolers fit the FL just fine since the front end didn't change much, if at all. I'm going for a stage 2 e85 setup so I'm not sure if these are sufficient cooling for this setup, what do you think?

You will be running a bit more boost and ignition timing along with higher overall ambient temp in aus so I would go with a larger cooler.