Interest check: Low cost carbon fiber interior trimmings for 8V

Batch - Don't see any full replica kit, only these exhaust tips :p

Dandanfings - Yup, those are it, but that's the lesser version without the side panels, and no carbon coverage just above the electronic brake button :grimacing:

But anyway, doesn't look like there's enough interests to support this group buy :( Might end up just doing a custom job to get mine done :(

1) Larbel / natural glossy / Open to vote
2) Dandanfings / natural glossy / 3 Door / ?
3) batch / natural glossy / direct ship please!
4) pat15312 / natural glossy / 3 Door / direct ship
5) silverpig / ? / ? (Please confirm if you're still up for this)
6) LewMcC / Gloss / 3 Door / Direct Shipping
7) zippster / natural glossy / 3 Door /direct ship please!
8)Bradks3 / natural glossy / direct ship I think, cheers.
9) Lightspeed998 / natural glossy / direct ship
10) Lenny151 / natural glossy / direct ship
11) @Shawn8V natural gloss / saloon / direct ship
12) FluffmeisterAU natural gloss / 5 dr hatch/ direct ship to AU (is it a problem?)
13) @sjbarneS3 3 door natural glossy. Can you send mine with @batch for 1 off cost?
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)

I'm in. I'm also a 3dr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how many do you need for the group buy ?

We need pretty much all 30, since the tooling cost is amortized into 30 sets... I could keep a few, maybe 5 or so and put it up on eBay later, but not much more than that :(

We need pretty much all 30, since the tooling cost is amortized into 30 sets... I could keep a few, maybe 5 or so and put it up on eBay later, but not much more than that :(
I think he maybe means for the centre console parts? Or am I reading it wrong?

For the center console, they need 20 sets in order to make the keyless start hole for us, but still discussing what to do about the volume knob labels... There isn't really any clean method, either by decals sandwiched between the carbon fiber and the gel coat, or laser cut a larger cut out to show the original labels (This way the light will still be visible).

And again, would have to send them a panel with keyless start button for them to take measurements, cost right now is US$90/set of 3 pieces (+shipping+PayPal fees), but this is only with keyless start, but no volume knob labels. And as of right now, still not getting enough interests for the trims, this is a even longer stretch...

Reactions: azibux1
@larbel why don't you contact these guys, see if they're interested in taking some for their online shop?
http://www.xenonz.co.uk/audi-a3--s3-8v-2013.html
If they do, you can buy me a beer

I dunno.. I'll give them a try, but if we need to dump some at wholesale prices, we'll need to move a lot more than 30 sets to make up for the price differences. Will see...

On the other hand, the center console is actually different from LHD and RHD as well!!! The lower left corner cut out should be shorter on the on the left and longer on the right for RHD, and it's the opposite around for LHD... And the 2 side panels are supposed to be opposite in length too... The tooling is quite expensive and I don't think it's worth the trouble unless I can move like a 100 of them! Oh well, will talk to Xenonz and see..

IMG 9827

Reactions: LewMcC and zippster
See for me I don't have keyless( don't like it for a few reasons) so I would be fine with above !

#imalrightjack

Reactions: LewMcC
See for me I don't have keyless( don't like it for a few reasons) so I would be fine with above !

#imalrightjack

No you wouldn't!! Read my last post again, they're for LHD as well!! RHD is again different!! :cry:

Reactions: zippster
Just received these in the mail if anyone still cares.. Haven't pull the trigger on the 3 door parts yet. Really looks like I'm gonna just do a custom set for myself instead now...

IMG 9881

Reactions: zippster
Do we know if the facelift is the same dimensions? Or different? If it's the same I'd be tempted to go for the set for a 5 door, and the centre console too

I'm pretty certain that they're the same on the FL, but I might do the trims maybe, but almost 100% sure I won't be offering the center console because of the high cost vs little interests.

I'm pretty certain that they're the same on the FL, but I might do the trims maybe, but almost 100% sure I won't be offering the center console because of the high cost vs little interests.
I have been hanging back to be 100% sure they fit the face lift. If they do i am still up for the carbon gloss for sportback.

Still up for this (3door) what happens if we don't get 30? Is it all off?

Well, so far we have like 13 signed up with 5 of them being 3 door.. I might end up doing just the Sedan/Sportback version with 8, and eat the 22 extra and dump them on eBay later to recover the cost. But to invest into the 3 door version with 5 might be too risky for my taste, sorry :( The tooling cost for the 3 door blades are US$1,600 so I really don't think it will happen at this point..

I tried contacted Xenonz, but once they heard the prices (even at reduced distributor pricing), I've never heard back from them again LOL so...

Well, so far we have like 13 signed up with 5 of them being 3 door.. I might end up doing just the Sedan/Sportback version with 8, and eat the 22 extra and dump them on eBay later to recover the cost. But to invest into the 3 door version with 5 might be too risky for my taste, sorry :( The tooling cost for the 3 door blades are US$1,600 so I really don't think it will happen at this point..

I tried contacted Xenonz, but once they heard the prices (even at reduced distributor pricing), I've never heard back from them again LOL so...

Well that sucks for us 3 door owners . meh.

Reactions: sjbarneS3
Just received these in the mail if anyone still cares.. Haven't pull the trigger on the 3 door parts yet. Really looks like I'm gonna just do a custom set for myself instead now...

View attachment 96765
How much for those? I'm trying to figure out how much all those could cost, for a sportback. Doors, and the dashboard. Would like to do some custom work on them.

Well that sucks for us 3 door owners . meh.

I might have a solution for 3 Door... So 3 Door owner should still sign up, but you'll have to source a set of door blades from eBay or send me your own set, and instead of making molds, the vendor will use your blades and lay the fiberglass on top of it, so it's more like a custom job for the 3 Doors.

You'll get your blade back wrapped in fiberglass plus the 3 stick on pieces for the dash for more or less the same cost as the sedan, I'm still finalizing the quote with the vendor. The extra would depends if you're sending your own set, or sourcing one from eBay or whatever, they run about $100 or so on eBay?

Without wanting to p155 on your fire mate, by suggesting we send you our OEM ones for you to send to China, I may aswell drive to the place that did @batch exhausts and let them coat mine whilst I wait...

Reactions: zippster and moffe
It's just a suggestion, Hong Kong is about 1 hour from this China vendor, I visit them like twice a month and I know these guys well. But at the end of the day, it's up to you. It will really save me lots of trouble if I don't have to deal with 3 Door version too.

It's just a suggestion, Hong Kong is about 1 hour from this China vendor, I visit them like twice a month and I know these guys well. But at the end of the day, it's up to you. It will really save me lots of trouble if I don't have to deal with 3 Door version too.

i guess I'm out then and off the list :( as these were going to be fitted OVER my oem parts i wouldn't be keen taking them off the car to be sent off to china..

Im sure they would sell like hot cakes on eBay.. I hope it goes ahead.

Count me in too (not sure if this is still going ahead?)

12) FluffmeisterAU natural gloss / 5 dr hatch/ direct ship to AU (is it a problem?)
13) @sjbarneS33 door natural glossy. Can you send mine with @batch for 1 off cost?
14) SJ43 natural glossy/5 door/ direct ship
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)

Snap, not sure if this is still going ahead but formalising interest:

13) @sjbarneS33 door natural glossy. Can you send mine with @batch for 1 off cost?
14) SJ43 natural glossy/5 door/ direct ship
15) @allanmb natural glossy / 5 door
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)

It's still going for sedan/sportback only, the tooling is already underway but I'm currently in US and the tooling should be done by the time I return early Aug I hope. Will give update then and will only ask for payment when they're ready to go.

Reactions: batch
It's still going for sedan/sportback only, the tooling is already underway but I'm currently in US and the tooling should be done by the time I return early Aug I hope. Will give update then and will only ask for payment when they're ready to go.

Booooo! We need 3dr!

Reactions: zippster and sjbarneS3
Quick update, the tooling is done for sedan! Can expect the finished product to be available in about two weeks! Will PM to the signed up individuals when they're available, if you no longer want them, please let me know as well, thanks!

IMG 0164

Reactions: SJ43 and batch
Quick update, the tooling is done for sedan! Can expect the finished product to be available in about two weeks! Will PM to the signed up individuals when they're available, if you no longer want them, please let me know as well, thanks!

View attachment 99177
I thought you had given up with this? Glad to see you havn't.

I thought you had given up with this? Glad to see you havn't.

I had to give up 3dr coz there just isn't enough people to support it, but for Sedan/SB, I've already committed to 30 sets, so will have to sell off as many sets as possible here and then eBay the rest off I guess... Think I'm gonna loose quite a bit on this project, perhaps, could be better off just had the parts custom redone in CF but oh well..

Registering my interest.
Natural glossy, sportback, direct ship

As long as they fit the FL

I'm in please.

If OP @larbel could give me a mail/PM I know a ton of other RS3 owners that would be interested.

Reactions: batch
I'm in please.

If OP @larbel could give me a mail/PM I know a ton of other RS3 owners that would be interested.

Isn't CF trim standard on RS3??? But yeah, you're welcome to spread the news if anyone's interested. The vendor is doing final fitting and the production should be done by mid Sept. BTW.

I'd be interested in the red stitch trim, do you have an example of how it looks?

In the UK a few press RS3's had carbon trim but it wasn't an option on early cars. I believe it is an option now, but piano black is standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk