Interior design pack

Got this today regarding the steering wheel, nothing we didn’t already know but still a bit more depth.

“So the guy from tps got back to me, it can’t be done, the sensors in the lower area can be removed but will mean it will flag up issues on the car. So it’s either carbon with sensors but still round or flat bottom it, without sensors ”

But even today I tested for so long on motorway at 70 with all the functions active and never held on to the steering wheel and got no errors or beeps telling me to hold back onto steering wheel. I even let it bounce of the line and let the lane assist steer me back in about 6 times in a row to test it (don’t worry, no one was watching to think I was drunk.)
is that for the lane assist feature???

i be happy with red stripe and alcantara steering wheel , that round looks super ugly on photos its not that bad in person

if i ever get my car...

i be happy with red stripe and alcantara steering wheel , that round looks super ugly on photos its not that bad in person

if i ever get my car...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Detail Devil
About to place an order from Autostyle, can anyone confirm if it’s anthracite or black? Red or white stitching?

About to place an order from Autostyle, can anyone confirm if it’s anthracite or black? Red or white stitching?

Its BLACK carpet mate.
I ordered anthracite initially before the car arrived and it doesn't look right.

Re-ordered black carpet and they are spot on.
I went for dark grey binding (to tie in with Daytona) and asked for red stitching on the binding and they are great.

Reactions: 5pot and NevMan
Its BLACK carpet mate.
I ordered anthracite initially before the car arrived and it doesn't look right.

Re-ordered black carpet and they are spot on.
I went for dark grey binding (to tie in with Daytona) and asked for red stitching on the binding and they are great.
Cheers Snake

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
@Mastachaz @Detail Devil
Vent replacement is something I'm looking at doing soon, but before this I'm looking at removing the triangular piece of piano black trim (side of the mmi display) to restore the finish as the dealer has wiped the hell out of it.
Looking at the diagrams posted earlier in this thread it looks like it may just pop out with trim tools but wanted to check before attacking it that I didn't need to remove anything else first?

@Mastachaz @Detail Devil
Vent replacement is something I'm looking at doing soon, but before this I'm looking at removing the triangular piece of piano black trim (side of the mmi display) to restore the finish as the dealer has wiped the hell out of it.
Looking at the diagrams posted earlier in this thread it looks like it may just pop out with trim tools but wanted to check before attacking it that I didn't need to remove anything else first?
It pop out with fingers ;) you have to remove whole.carbon piece

Need to pull out from.bottom. as its on hooks
20220106 175750

Reactions: RSt3ve
Thankyou. So carbon piece off first, then gloss black or can gloss black be removed on its own?
if you need help when you be removing you can contact me on whatsapp or something :) for easier contact.

not a problem I did not make any video as all done myself on 6pm when was already dark ;) but i got some photos.

not a problem I did not make any video as all done myself on 6pm when was already dark ;) but i got some photos.
Sorry to be a complete pain, do you have any photos showing the silver dash trim off? Just trying to understand where the clips are so I can pry in the right place.

Start from the passenger side by opening the door and gently use a pry tool in the corner of the trim. Once you’ve loosened there, it should pop off all along that piece and will reveal the vent housing Which has several fixing bolts to remove. Use masking tape to protect Around where you using the pry tool

Sorry to be a complete pain, do you have any photos showing the silver dash trim off? Just trying to understand where the clips are so I can pry in the right place.
You have to open passanger door then catch that trim on very edge and pull up :) then slide to the left :) you got carbon or silver dash ?
off course you have to tape all around

if you need help when you be removing you can contact me on whatsapp or something  for easier contact.

Sorry

Start from the passenger side by opening the door and gently use a pry tool in the corner of the trim. Once you’ve loosened there, it should pop off all along that piece and will reveal the vent housing Which has several fixing bolts to remove. Use masking tape to protect Around where you using the pry tool

Excellent cheers.
I had a little play around earlier and there's quite a bit now movement in the trim so feels like it'll come with ease rather than brute force.
3m tape at the ready, I'll probably do the whole MMI Screen to be honest as knowing my luck I'll recoil the trim into that!!

You have to open passanger door then catch that trim on very edge and pull up :) then slide to the left :) you got carbon or silver dash ?
off course you have to tape all around
It's the silver dash (with lighting) with a small section of weave under the main vents. Thankyou.

What’s wrong with uploading photos here so anyone that needs it in future can see

Yeah, that’s the whole point of the forum really? It would be worth starting a new thread to do that so the pictures/guide can be more easily found I’d say.

Reactions: 3vans and 5pot
Exa
Yeah, that’s the whole point of the forum really? It would be worth starting a new thread to do that so the pictures/guide can be more easily found I’d say.

Exactly, I’m sure a few have asked for air vent removal pics that he’s ignored too:neutral:

Reactions: Mike.46 and Daggerit
Exa

Exactly, I’m sure a few have asked for air vent removal pics that he’s ignored too:neutral:
But he's posted (FB I think) that he can source and fit them for you......£££££££, no worse than Audi dealers cashing in on new cars I guess

Reactions: 5pot