Interior design pack

I turn on all the safety features every time I go anywhere but I am one of the few 8V RS3 with the driver assistance packs as I don’t think many people specced it.

Oh please not the ‘I’m better than you because my cars got more spec’ card

Your sounding like the Facebook guys more every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FBF01, NevMan and Jassyo06

I just wanted the driver assistance pack on my RS3 as I was driving a lot for work!

I turn on all the safety features every time I go anywhere but I am one of the few 8V RS3 with the driver assistance packs as I don’t think many people specced it.
Most did'nt spec it on the 8v RS3 for reasons
1. No Desire to have it
2. Doesn't make the car the anymore desirable (resale)
3.It was too expensive £1400 on a already expensive car
4.More to go wrong with the car long term.....expensive to repair
If It were a stand alone option on the 8y RS3 again same as the above

Last edited:
Reactions: 3vans, Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and 1 other person
I just wanted the driver assistance pack on my RS3 as I was driving a lot for work!
Did you not buy a incoming stock RS3 as l remember you got a almost fully loaded Navarra blue S3 Saloon which you chopped in within 2 months for the RS3

Reactions: 8YARWY and NevMan

He is very spec/gadget minded mate...as l recall from the S3 8V section.....had to have it all....lol.....he's harmless though.....and a post-punch bag for you........lol

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
Most did'nt spec it on the 8v RS3 for reasons
1. No Desire to have it
2. Doesn't make the car the anymore desirable (resale)
3.It was too expensive £1400 on a already expensive car
4.More to go wrong with the car long term.....expensive to repair
If It were a stand alone option on the 8y RS3 again same as the above

5. If your paying attention to traffic, road conditions etc then that’s enough, too many nanny aids = drivers being lazy.
Lazy drivers blaming the car when something happens.

Reactions: Keano04, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
He is very spec/gadget minded mate...as l recall from the S3 8V section.....had to have it all....lol.....he's harmless though.....and a post-punch bag for you........lol
Your memory is very good (scary) I had an S3 and I ordered the RS3 from new like you said 2 months after I got the S3. I had to wait 8 months *pre-silicon shortage* for the RS3 to come. And as I used to drive around for work I wanted the driver assistance pack. And no problems at all with that. My only issues have been the whole fuel pressure error which disappeared, the sunroof being replaced under warranty due to rattling And most recently a gear box leak which required the entire removal of the gearbox… all under warranty.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Your memory is very good (scary) I had an S3 and I ordered the RS3 from new like you said 2 months after I got the S3. I had to wait 8 months *pre-silicon shortage* for the RS3 to come. And as I used to drive around for work I wanted the driver assistance pack. And no problems at all with that. My only issues have been the whole fuel pressure error which disappeared, the sunroof being replaced under warranty due to rattling And most recently a gear box leak which required the entire removal of the gearbox… all under warranty.
Oh l remember your Navarra S3 it was beautiful...you got it around the same time as l got my Voodoo.... you must have lost a lot of money on it chopping in for a fully loaded RS3 Saloon but it must have been worth it as you've kept the RS3 for awhile

Reactions: NevMan
Will almost certainly be getting a new steering wheel from Berg Tuning. Having seen it on here, i do like the idea of getting at least the front seats belts done with the red stitching along the edge as well!

Reactions: billymc92
Looking at this I think I will consider the steering wheel and seat belts on mine.

Will see how the wheel is in person but the belts look like a quick win.

I can live without the coloured vents.

The element I will miss but not do anything about is the seat stitching… that’s a shame.

Looking at this I think I will consider the steering wheel and seat belts on mine.

Will see how the wheel is in person but the belts look like a quick win.

I can live without the coloured vents.

The element I will miss but not do anything about is the seat stitching… that’s a shame.
Wait long enough you'll get the oem coloured edged seat belts on eBay

3dcfdfebb4865277c5b294ceb499ddbf.jpg

5ba94cbbaa4e181e17aa9ad8838ad4e2.jpg

Reactions: Detail Devil, Jassyo06 and Mike.46
I found parts number for vents but they not easy to swap need to strip whole dash wich i think its not worth :)

but yeah without design pack rs3 looks very cheap inside even seats looks better on my s3 as has grey stiching and not black like rs3

I found parts number for vents but they not easy to swap need to strip whole dash wich i think its not worth :)

but yeah without design pack rs3 looks very cheap inside even seats looks better on my s3 as has grey stiching and not black like rs3
Can you share these please. What makes you think the dash needs to be stripped to change just the coloured strips?

Can you share these please. What makes you think the dash needs to be stripped to change just the coloured strips?
You want red or green ?

On ebay there is vents and you can see how they are fitted for sure you have to remove thst carbon long piece as they mounted under it

You want red or green ?

On ebay there is vents and you can see how they are fitted for sure you have to remove thst carbon long piece as they mounted under it

I really want to see someone with a RHD try this. I don’t think that they’ll fit to be honest. But if they do it would be great.

I really want to see someone with a RHD try this. I don’t think that they’ll fit to be honest. But if they do it would be great.

what you mean ? Im not selling them :) audi does

what you mean ? Im not selling them :) audi does

Audi sells RHD vents with the coloured bits in them? But you can’t spec them from factory?

I was originally meaning that I assume they’re for LHD cars and that I hope someone will try them to find out if they’ll fit a RHD car. If someone has access to a parts catalogue it would be interesting to see if the standard vents have the same part number or not, that might tell us?

correct hahah :) i found parts number on catalog and asked if they are ldh or rhd and got confirmation they are for rhd

also lhd and rhd has different part number

i think they might come next year at some point

Reactions: Daggerit
correct hahah :) i found parts number on catalog and asked if they are ldh or rhd and got confirmation they are for rhd

also lhd and rhd has different part number

i think they might come next year at some point

That’s interesting. So Audi have and can produce them for RHD but still won’t let us spec them.

To be perfectly honest, I think I’ll give them a skid because without all the accompanying red stitching and stuff they might look a little out of place. But if someone else is doing it, that might change my mind!

That is stupid tbh hehe but its vag maybe in japan they got them

Reactions: Daggerit
You want red or green ?

The red ones mate. Cheers. Do you have a link for the eBay too? I couldn’t see them I’ve been hunting

Reactions: Mastachaz
Yeah I’d be going red, the green was just to show the vents. And yes by looks of it the coloured bit just clips out, don’t need to remove the full vent
Interesting thread. Re the vents, I could get these wrapped, (Red) as that would be tough enough to protect from waring out. I have a few chaps i use so simple enough to do, just getting them out without damaging will be the tricky part, or even painted and lacquered?? Also surely the L/H drive vents are like for like as its the actual dash mould thats different, hence likely that the vents could be purchased and retro fitted? Seat belts, as mentioned earlier are an easy upgrade. Re the seat stitching, i know several class upholsterers that can undertake this. along with re trimming the steering wheel in Alcantara with the 12 o clock ring. So net net should be easy enough to add the "colour" to the interior.
Godsake yes use are right, so annoying. Looks like I’ll just have to make my round one nice lol
I have specced a carbon black edition and this definitely comes with a flat bottom steering wheel

Interesting thread. Re the vents, I could get these wrapped, (Red) as that would be tough enough to protect from waring out. I have a few chaps i use so simple enough to do, just getting them out without damaging will be the tricky part, or even painted and lacquered?? Also surely the L/H drive vents are like for like as its the actual dash mould thats different, hence likely that the vents could be purchased and retro fitted? Seat belts, as mentioned earlier are an easy upgrade. Re the seat stitching, i know several class upholsterers that can undertake this. along with re trimming the steering wheel in Alcantara with the 12 o clock ring. So net net should be easy enough to add the "colour" to the interior.

I have specced a carbon black edition and this definitely comes with a flat bottom steering wheel

Royal steering wheels would be where I’d go.

You’d not be able to wrap the parts that are meant to be coloured, they have a part on it that slides so would probably jam up or be too stiff to move if it had a wrap on it.

And yes your correct, the carbon does come with the flat bottom. Only the vorsprung and LE have the round

Reactions: Mike.46
You’d not be able to wrap the parts that are meant to be coloured, they have a part on it that slides so would probably jam up or be too stiff to move if it had a wrap on it.

And yes your correct, the carbon does come with the flat bottom. Only the vorsprung and LE have the round
Yeah fair shout, and after reading that the vents can be purchased in Tango Red, sack that idea!!!!! LOL I'll see if i can get some sort of group discount should enough folks want to change there vents