Interior design pack

billymc92

Kyalami Green Vorsprung- Sportback
Reaction score
So ever since finding out we’d not get a interior design back I’ve thought about adding the parts myself, most are easy apart from the seats which would be the big cost part.

Mats - Already got on the way from Autostyle at £67. Mats are pretty much identical to the 8V so if you have them from your old car you can keep them, I compared these to my brothers FL A3

Seatbelts - You can get these sent away to a company and get the red stripping added in, easy enough job. £215 for all 5 belts

Steering wheel - Lots of company’s that can wrap this in alcantara and put a 12 o’clock pin stripe which I will get done soon but I want to try find a flat bottom steering wheel that will work with the car and do this to the FBSW.

Vents - I like the colour on the vents, before I got the car I thought, easy, can just get them painted, but after seeing the car in person, you have a clip on the coloured part that is sort of like a runner for opening and closing the vents, so I’d presume paint would just rub/fade off fairly easy. Wonder if you can order these from a Audi outside of UK as I’d really want these.

Seats/Stitching - As much as I would love to add this think it would just cost to much, I guess the front seats are same as RSQ3 but new seats would be expensive. Anyone ever paid to get seats re-covered/upholstered. Wonder how much it would cost them to change the stitching to colour?

Anyone else had thoughts on this or know any ideas how to add such things in? Not to keen on the carbon effect in the car too, it was like my M2C and more dry/dull like carbon rather than glossy, would love to get it to the glossy look, but I’d presume it would be a big strip down to get that part off the dash.

FA4D075E 98C0 4763 A27E F1CEE4E3A6B0
62ED741A D129 492F B2EF A07BE35111EF
CB15F73C 9C78 48D7 9796 0D26C4A83D39
D771942A FC5D 45D5 9949 DE9A21326A65

This pic is actually a seatbelt change they provided on last RS3 so as you can tell, they are hard to tell apart.
D46443C0 6C50 412E 9ADE 15DFB9244565

Reactions: Waq1 and kirkyrs
I prefer the leather wheel tbh, I’ll be redoing the airbag in leather with black stitching and black badge. Also need to black out the silver trim on the wheel similar to this
A4B8AD32 994E 4034 81CC 6B040155B362

Reactions: billymc92 and Snake Pliskin
I think I’d probably have just gone for the red accents on the seats and red stitching if I was going to go to the effort of adding stuff. And maybe a FBSW still in leather but with a red 12 o’clock stripe.

Still fairly subtle but enough to lift the interior a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: billymc92
They're where 2 TTRS full seat covers ie black leather/blue embroidered stitching on eBay brand new 1 =£995 2 =£1895 that wasn't Audi prices ....either so very expensive indeed

I prefer the leather wheel tbh, I’ll be redoing the airbag in leather with black stitching and black badge. Also need to black out the silver trim on the wheel similar to this
View attachment 247129

Are the carpets in the 8y jet black or anthracite black mate ?

Tbh I’m not 100% sure lol just presumed they were black lol

They were anthracite black in my last RS3.
Its only a very subtle difference to be fair.

I am pretty confident that changing the vents would be fairly easy; The dash might have to be loosened but I can’t imagine it is too tricky. Just order the parts.

I think re-trim is the cheapest option with the wheel; but I would be tempted to see if I can find a deal on the OEM wheel from Audi. I actually wouldn’t mind the round wheel just I want the alcantara and stitching.

I do think green might look a bit weird without the contrast dash though.

I am pretty confident that changing the vents would be fairly easy; The dash might have to be loosened but I can’t imagine it is too tricky. Just order the parts.

I think re-trim is the cheapest option with the wheel; but I would be tempted to see if I can find a deal on the OEM wheel from Audi. I actually wouldn’t mind the round wheel just I want the alcantara and stitching.

Unless they’re offering the vents in another RHD country (which I don’t think they are) then I don’t think there will just be a stock of them. I think the positions look handed so ones direct from Germany won’t work in that case.

I could be wrong, but that’s the way they look.

billymc92, I really like that wheel, much more than the black with round centre that will be on my new car. Where is it from?

Reactions: Daggerit

Yeah I’d be going red, the green was just to show the vents. And yes by looks of it the coloured bit just clips out, don’t need to remove the full vent

billymc92, I really like that wheel, much more than the black with round centre that will be on my new car. Where is it from?
View attachment 247137
This is the RSQ3 wheel, exact same button set up, not sure if wiring is different, if it wasn’t, I would do a straight swap for sure and get it done in alcantara with a new airbag and all silver trims done in black or maybe carbon

Unless they’re offering the vents in another RHD country (which I don’t think they are) then I don’t think there will just be a stock of them. I think the positions look handed so ones direct from Germany won’t work in that case.

I could be wrong, but that’s the way they look.

I don’t think it would matter between a LHD and RHD if I’m honest, but could be wrong but hoping I’m not or that just makes things a whole lot harder lol

Does anyone know of any reasons why or why not the RSQ3 flat bottom steering wheel would fit our cars? Exact same buttons and button layout as our cars

Does anyone know of any reasons why or why not the RSQ3 flat bottom steering wheel would fit our cars? Exact same buttons and button layout as our cars

If you have the round one I imagine there’s probably sensors missing in the RSQ3 one that would flag up errors without turning off the features using them? Think we discussed that in another thread didn’t we?

If you don’t use that feature though, I’d have thought it would be a straight swap and recode?

If you have the round one I imagine there’s probably sensors missing in the RSQ3 one that would flag up errors without turning off the features using them? Think we discussed that in another thread didn’t we?

If you don’t use that feature though, I’d have thought it would be a straight swap and recode?

Yes I do hve the round one, need to try find out what sensors it is. Do you know?
Hope the only way isnt by buying one and finding out haha

I think the vents could be done (not painted, but swapped out to OEM design pack ones). As for the steering wheel, I intend to buy a TTRS or R8 wheel and get that recovered and programmed in to work with the drive select and engine start.

Reactions: Terminator x
Yes I do hve the round one, need to try find out what sensors it is. Do you know?
Hope the only way isnt by buying one and finding out haha

I don’t know the specifics, just that it has some sort of capacitance sensor(s) in the wheel versus the old system that didn’t. I don’t know how sophisticated they are though, if an electronics guy could find out you might even be able to just feed the sensor line a voltage to simulate you holding the wheel all the time?

Not having seen one it’s really guesswork at the minute unfortunately.

Why do you Guys want to change that ROUND wheel so much ? :blink: :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Waq1 and Terminator x
I don’t know the specifics, just that it has some sort of capacitance sensor(s) in the wheel versus the old system that didn’t. I don’t know how sophisticated they are though, if an electronics guy could find out you might even be able to just feed the sensor line a voltage to simulate you holding the wheel all the time?

Not having seen one it’s really guesswork at the minute unfortunately.

Nothing goes off or sensors alarmed when I don’t hold the wheel at the moment though. It’s strange. I’m not also talking about going back to the old one, I’m wanting to swap to the RSQ3 which is exact same wheel, just flat bottom

Nothing goes off or sensors alarmed when I don’t hold the wheel at the moment though. It’s strange.

I imagine it would only do it if you’re on adaptive cruise and the full lane assist activated. Have you tried it then?

That was the only time my S4 ever threw up a warning on the dash.

I think RSQ3 is same story as the RS3. When you go for the Driver Assistance Pack with the emergency assist stuff in it you get a round wheel.

Reactions: billymc92 and Snake Pliskin
I think RSQ3 is same story as the RS3. When you go for the Driver Assistance Pack with the emergency assist stuff in it you get a round wheel.
Let’s go spec one and I’ll see lol. I’m praying you are wrong! You have just ruined my whole week :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, mb127 and Daggerit
Godsake yes use are right, so annoying. Looks like I’ll just have to make my round one nice lol

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Nope to late, your going on my blocked list :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
I might be able to make it up to you...
RS e-Tron GT Vorsprung, with Adaptive Crusie Assist and Emergency Assist, comes with this:
Zuh9m3

Not sure about buttons etc. or if it's even compatible but might be worth investigating...

I imagine it would only do it if you’re on adaptive cruise and the full lane assist activated. Have you tried it then?

I’ll try this tomorrow, hopefully I don’t end up in a field

So tested this today, cruise control on and set to follow car infront, lane assist on and absolutely nothing flagged up saying I wasn’t holding the wheel. Can’t be any sort of those types of sensors in the wheel

So tested this today, cruise control on and set to follow car infront, lane assist on and absolutely nothing flagged up saying I wasn’t holding the wheel. Can’t be any sort of those types of sensors in the wheel

That’s really odd. Mine did it if I just didn’t hold the wheel hard enough. So you had it going at a decent speed and let go of the wheel and it just kept you in lane and drove at the set speed indefinitely?

That’s really odd. Mine did it if I just didn’t hold the wheel hard enough. So you had it going at a decent speed and let go of the wheel and it just kept you in lane and drove at the set speed indefinitely?

Yup that’s correct, had cruise control on, maybe that needs to be off?

Yup that’s correct, had cruise control on, maybe that needs to be off?

Don’t know, the only time I noticed it happen was when I would be doing a motorway trip for a good few miles with all the systems turned on.

With my 8v RS3 you have to be doing 40+ and have cruise on with active lane assist so you can and actually need to be driving without touching anything.
After 15 to 20 seconds you get a gentle chime and a warning on the dash to grab the wheel, if you don’t it waits a little longer then properly stabs on the brakes for a split second to wake you up which ain’t a pleasant experience at all.
Give that a whirl but on a quiet straight road.

Reactions: Waq1 and Daggerit
if you don’t it waits a little longer then properly stabs on the brakes for a split second to wake you up which ain’t a pleasant experience at all.
Fun when it does this isn't it :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Ha ha….err no :flushed:
I’ve had all my lane assist fun for one lifetime and it’s all been turned off since.
I only wanted ACC but you couldn’t have it as a standalone option back then either.

Reactions: NevMan
With my 8v RS3 you have to be doing 40+ and have cruise on with active lane assist so you can and actually need to be driving without touching anything.
After 15 to 20 seconds you get a gentle chime and a warning on the dash to grab the wheel, if you don’t it waits a little longer then properly stabs on the brakes for a split second to wake you up which ain’t a pleasant experience at all.
Give that a whirl but on a quiet straight road.
This is what was done, and was done for a few minutes just putting a finger to correct every so often on the silver trim which wouldn’t know I was touching it

Reactions: NevMan
I turn on all the safety features every time I go anywhere but I am one of the few 8V RS3 with the driver assistance packs as I don’t think many people specced it.