Interior LED bulbs

warren_S5

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Right; let me make this question absolutely clear(!)

I've seen numerous threads on here where people profess to have found / manufacturered ERROR FREE LED's interior festoon / 5w5 bulbs, and within a couple of weeks I usually read a follow up thread stating:

1) I've got error codes from the new LED bulbs that say no error codes
2) the led bulb has packed up already
3) I've had to wire some resistors in to stop the wiring loom thinking it's an onion
4) I've realised the budget coilovers I've had fitted by Stevie Wonder are fitted back to front and upside down as the instruction manual included was for crutches not coilovers

So a definitive question for a definitive answer please: Is there (at any price) a reliable supplier of interior LED bulbs for my 8P?

Thanks in advance!

T8ups seems to be the man.

I've just installed some of his footwell & puddle LED's, so I'm hoping like you that they continue to work.

Also just received the glovebox/boot LED's & the interior light LED's.

T8UPS again here, my mate has some and i have some, no problems as yet.

Trups is the man!! Fitted to both mine and my brothers 2010s and not faults and good look!!

Strange, in his number plate light thread he has put this caveat:

2 LED SMD bulb for numberplates, these are 36mm and are a direct replacment for your car. they have built in canbus chips so wont bring up an error on your DIS. £7 posted 1st class recorded

**This bulb will not work in the audi A3 2009+ cars as the resistace is too low**

100_0771.jpg

Trups doesn't yet have a solution to MY09+ numberplate LED's. He's currently working on one but requires a few readings from members with multimeters and a MY09+ car so he can have some bulbs made up with the correct resistance running through them so as to avoid the DIS errors.

See thread here.

I can't comment on people with the interior light pack installed, but I installed front / rear domes, glovebox, boot and sun visor LED's from Trups and they work perfect.

Strange, in his number plate light thread he has put this caveat:

2 LED SMD bulb for numberplates, these are 36mm and are a direct replacment for your car. they have built in canbus chips so wont bring up an error on your DIS. £7 posted 1st class recorded

**This bulb will not work in the audi A3 2009+ cars as the resistace is too low**

100_0771.jpg

Do you mean interior Led bulbs or number plate ones? In your original post it said interior. I'm waiting for him to sort the numberplate ones and i dont think there are any plug and play for 2009+ yet. Interiors work fine though.

I'd assumed number plate bulbs may be the same as festoon lighting bulbs, so I take it they are not. Wanted all of them to be honest, but will be ordering interior ones this week. Need to work out how many bulbs I need as I have interior light pack.

At a guess:

Overhead festoon x 2
Map reading x 2
Footwell lights x 2
Door safety (opening lights) x 2
Glovebox light x 1
boot light x 1

Any others anyone knows about?

cheers

W

I thought footwell lights were LED's like the door handle lights ? its confusing because my 3.2 had ambient light pack footwell lights and they were red. dont think audi do that any more ?

I'm inclined to wait and see what turns up in case I order wrong, just in case things have changed since 2007.

this was my 3.2, you can see a red glow in the footwell, its brighter in real life, that was an LED footwell light fitted as std.

DSC_0009d-1.jpg

I've had LED sidelights, front and rear interior lights and number plate lights installed on my 2006 A3 from T8UPS - EMTuning.co.uk for nearly 6 months now and haven't had any problems.

www.emtuning.co.uk

I'd assumed number plate bulbs may be the same as festoon lighting bulbs, so I take it they are not. Wanted all of them to be honest, but will be ordering interior ones this week. Need to work out how many bulbs I need as I have interior light pack.

At a guess:

Overhead festoon x 2
Map reading x 2
Footwell lights x 2
Door safety (opening lights) x 2
Glovebox light x 1
boot light x 1

Any others anyone knows about?

cheers

W

Sun visors and also overhead for the rear either 2 x map lights or 2 x overhead.

With regards to the number plates its the car that checks exterior lights. Dont think it checks the interiors hence the no fault code

I will put on what you need and answer any question you might have in the morning, im just off to bed as i have had a long day.

check back at 8AM and il have a reply for you Warren.

Thanks
Trups

Cheers Trups, basically need all interior bulbs for an S3 MY2012 with interior light pack option.

this is what you will require:

front dome lights -*4smd festoon - £7
front map lights - 5smd ba9s - multi directional - £5
rear map lights - 6smd ba9s - side facing - £8.50
sunvisor bulbs - 2smd festoon - £5
front footwell lights - 4smd custom panel -*£8
front door puddle lights - 4smd custom panel - £8
glove box and boot pack - 4smd and 8 smd - £8.50

£50 for bulbs

postage £1.52

Total bill £51.52

all the bulbs i supply for Audi's are canbus, even tho they dont need it inside

*a non canbus bulb stays lit when its ment to be off. as you know the panel bulbs where designed for the floor units, if you want to go brighter then let me know, same with the front dome light. Anything can be sorted for you in terms of brightness. i have quoted you with the 4 smd dome light as i think its the perfect light to fill the car up.

As said above i am still trying to sort the plug and play design out for the 2009+ car thats why i have put the notice there as there is no point selling the bulb knowing it will bring up the error. any other questions then please ask.thanksTrups

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I've had to reply off my blackberry as I'm out the house already, I did put spacing in but not sure why its replied like this, it looks like it don't make sense, I'll try get on the laptop asap to sort it.

Sorry, I've had to reply off my blackberry as I'm out the house already, I did put spacing in but not sure why its replied like this, it looks like it don't make sense, I'll try get on the laptop asap to sort it.

Fixed for you mate, sounds good. I will get these ordered mid next week if that's OK when car arrives.

Fixed for you mate, sounds good. I will get these ordered mid next week if that's OK when car arrives.

thanks for the edit, dunno why it came up like that when replying off my phone.

yes thats fine, let me know when you are ready and i can sort them out for you.

Thanks