Interior S3 8L (Door Cards Leather Pulling Off)

killfame

Reaction score
Hello there.

I keep the car outside of the Garage for the last month.
The light of the sun in the morning is directly at left Door Card Leather. I notice that the leather itself start to pull off from the Door Card, looks messy and that make me very nervous.
Any ideas what glue i need to fix this problem or i need leather expert?

Had an issue with my passenger side door leather coming almost completely away - it was hanging off and looking pretty horrible
I read the above thread but decided to go a different route and it worked a treat and has been fine for the past month. I used Fix-all , non staining adhesive , just spread it out over the leather and pushed it in place , its high tack so didnt need to put braces./bricks onto it and the result was achieved in about 20 mins - see pics
Its not perfect by any means but good enough

Attachments

• IMG_0384.jpeg
    IMG_0384.jpeg
    898.7 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0386.jpeg
    IMG_0386.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 319
  • IMG_0387.jpeg
    IMG_0387.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0389.jpeg
    IMG_0389.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0390.jpeg
    IMG_0390.jpeg
    968.6 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: hydro s3
Looks good @spiker

Did you do this without removing anything? Just applied to the foam left on the back of the leather and door card? Mine are coming away just at the top and look fine when I work them back into place.
I was hoping something like this would save me a lot of time/work.

I didn't have to remove any door parts , just applied to the leather directly rather than the foam and use a flat/wide screwdriver to encourage the leather back under the trim components

I did the same as @spiker

Remove door card, lay flat, lift leather, spray contact adhesive and then press back in to place. I used a plastic trim tool to push the edges back in place.