Intermittent acceleration issue - 2.0 T BUL engine

Bobbytea

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I’ve got a rather strange issue that happens on the ol’ wagon.

Accelerating in 3rd or 4th (haven’t tried the higher gears) it’ll stall at 5k rpm sometimes, if I let off it’ll dial back to 3k rpm and stick there. 5-10secs later everything is fine and I can Rev all the way up with no issue.

I’m thinking either a fuelling issue or a electronic issue… I’ve plugged my iCarsoft Pro in and it’s showing error code 000135 - which is a fuel pressure issue, but I’m not sure if that’s an old code that hasn’t been cleared.

Car is on 125k miles now, so she’s getting on. Has anyone had anything similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a similar issue that was intermittent (2.0T BUL engine). Only happened when I floored it & all of a sudden it would just stopped pulling / possibly limp mode, i would back off & then it would accelerate fine again. Sometimes it would happen repeatedly, other times once.

So - I left it a while thinking it was a fuelling issue & it seemed OK most of the time. Eventually I got the ESP dash light come on / off & going into limp mode with it on - but I can't recall the fault code (possibly 01314). I had the accelerator pedal & electronic module replaced & this fixed it.

Yours sounds like it may be something else - but I was surprised mine was what it was..

Reactions: Bobbytea
Hi all,

So I’ve got a rather strange issue that happens on the ol’ wagon.

Accelerating in 3rd or 4th (haven’t tried the higher gears) it’ll stall at 5k rpm sometimes, if I let off it’ll dial back to 3k rpm and stick there. 5-10secs later everything is fine and I can Rev all the way up with no issue.

I’m thinking either a fuelling issue or a electronic issue… I’ve plugged my iCarsoft Pro in and it’s showing error code 000135 - which is a fuel pressure issue, but I’m not sure if that’s an old code that hasn’t been cleared.

Car is on 125k miles now, so she’s getting on. Has anyone had anything similar?

Possible Symptoms​

• Power Loss

Possible Causes​

• Fuel Pressure too Low
  • Mechanical Deficiency of Hardware (worn or missing parts)

Possible Solutions​

• Check Measuring Values for Fuel Pressure
    • Check for bent/squeezed Fuel Lines
    • Check Low Fuel Pressure System for Leaks
    • Check Fuel Filter & Filter in Fuel Pump
    • Check the Fuel Quantity supplied by the Fuel Pump
    • Check for fuel pressure loss from leaking fuel injector
  • Visual Inspection of Hardware (Camshaft, Cam Follower, ect)

Special Notes​

Gasoline​

• When found in 2.0l TFSI:
  • When found on 2009 Audi 3.2 FSI AVS Engines, if DTC 000022/P0016 is flagged, please see TSB 15-09-04.
  • When found in any model with a Gasoline engine that has a faulty in-tank fuel pump make sure the brand new or revised fuel pump does not require a cap per the dealer parts catalog! Failure to install a cap (such as part number example: 8E0-201-263-G) when necessary may result in a serious safety concern.

Reactions: Bobbytea
I had a similar issue that was intermittent (2.0T BUL engine). Only happened when I floored it & all of a sudden it would just stopped pulling / possibly limp mode, i would back off & then it would accelerate fine again. Sometimes it would happen repeatedly, other times once.

So - I left it a while thinking it was a fuelling issue & it seemed OK most of the time. Eventually I got the ESP dash light come on / off & going into limp mode with it on - but I can't recall the fault code (possibly 01314). I had the accelerator pedal & electronic module replaced & this fixed it.

Yours sounds like it may be something else - but I was surprised mine was what it was..

Thanks mothy, it is a strange fault indeed - im glad you got yours sorted.

I’ll keep my eyes open for the ESP light… hopefully it’s something simple.

Reactions: Mothy69
@justrob

Really hope it’s not a worn intake cam!

I’ve done the cam follower with the last year - I’ll whip it off and have a check…

Could be a fuel filter issue - wouldn’t I get other symptoms with that too? Poor mpg etc?

Do you have access to vcds as it maybe worth doing a full scan and also checking realtime parameters for fueling etc .
see what pops up.

Do you have access to vcds as it maybe worth doing a full scan and also checking realtime parameters for fueling etc .
see what pops up.

Alas I don’t have access to VCDS. I’ll have to find someone who has

Changed the fuel filter… seems to have solved it! Maybe a batch of dodgy super unleaded got in there.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Hopefully all sorted now :icon thumright:, but it maybe back so dont be surprised.