Sportback Intermittent Flashing Engine Management Light

Daniel Knight

Reaction score
Hi All,

The car went into MRC this week for a Stage 1 remap, high flow filter and some Forge intake parts. I'm really impressed by how much it's transformed the car however I have noticed something a bit weird..

As I pull through the gears, when I'm in 4th at 3,500/5000rpm the car makes a noise as if it's bouncing off the rev limiter and the engine management light flashes. I've been able to replicate it 3/4 times since it first happened and each time I let off the accelerator, I put the car into comfort and it stops flashing.

For each 'test' the car was in Dynamic with ESC off.

I'll be calling Doug at MRC tomorrow, they're great guys down there but I would be interested to know if anyone else has had things like this happen with remaps and whether or not I should be worried!

One of your coil packs is on the way out I'd bet.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hi All,

The car went into MRC this week for a Stage 1 remap, high flow filter and some Forge intake parts. I'm really impressed by how much it's transformed the car however I have noticed something a bit weird..

As I pull through the gears, when I'm in 4th at 3,500/5000rpm the car makes a noise as if it's bouncing off the rev limiter and the engine management light flashes. I've been able to replicate it 3/4 times since it first happened and each time I let off the accelerator, I put the car into comfort and it stops flashing.

For each 'test' the car was in Dynamic with ESC off.

I'll be calling Doug at MRC tomorrow, they're great guys down there but I would be interested to know if anyone else has had things like this happen with remaps and whether or not I should be worried!

Exactly happened to mine , the extra power from
The remap caused the coil packs to go over the edge , change all coil packs from TPS and it will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly happened to mine , the extra power from
The remap caused the coil packs to go over the edge , change all coil packs from TPS and it will be fine

You and K96 were right. One of the coils had a hole in it. Changed the entire coil pack and also Spark plugs. Back to running smoothly

Reactions: K96 and Jonessy95
You and K96 were right. One of the coils had a hole in it. Changed the entire coil pack and also Spark plugs. Back to running smoothly

Yeah the misfire happened to me car would shake and sound like it’s stuck on launch control when am driving and engine light would flash , coil packs sorted it :)