Intermittent poor fuel consumption- A1 competition model 2020

Stevedb

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2020 A1 S-Line Competition and every now and then the engine / exhaust noise deepens and my fuel consumption drops from around 40-45 mpg to less than 30 mpg. This last from anything from a few hours to a couple of days and suddenly the issue disappears. I have had the Audi inspect the car but as the issue was not happening at the time they couldn't find a fault. Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks, Steve

Hi Steve I had the same on my S3 , took it to the dealers all ok, it was the exhaust cleaning itself it needed a longer run than normal to clean the rubbish out properly. hope that helps.

It does sound like a symptom of re-gen. I'm guessing you do a lot of short journeys or city driving? A nice blast down the motorway at 3000rpm should clean the cat out. Same goes for dpf on a diesel.

Reactions: Stevedb
Hi Steve I had the same on my S3 , took it to the dealers all ok, it was the exhaust cleaning itself it needed a longer run than normal to clean the rubbish out properly. hope that helps.
Thanks John, I will give the car a good run and see if it clears it

It does sound like a symptom of re-gen. I'm guessing you do a lot of short journeys or city driving? A nice blast down the motorway at 3000rpm should clean the cat out. Same goes for dpf on a diesel.
A good old blast did the trick. Drive select into dynamic, gearbox into Sports mode and 20 miles of let’s say faster than normal driving and the problem has disappeared.
Thanks for your help

Reactions: Garrett 69
A good old blast did the trick. Drive select into dynamic, gearbox into Sports mode and 20 miles of let’s say faster than normal driving and the problem has disappeared.
Thanks for your help
No problemed you m.p.g should be better.