Intermittent Traction control and ABS lights

richard300

Reaction score
Hi.... I seem to have an intermittent problem with the Traction control and ABS lights both coming on.
It seems to be completely random as to when it happens and if i turn the engine off and re start the car the problem doesn't happen for the rest of my journey.

Is this common?

Richard.

It could be one of several issues, without a VCDS scan you're clutching at straws.

Next time it does it, see if the brake lights work - a faulty pedal switch can often give the warning light combination you've mentioned.

+1 for the above, could also be a steering angle sensor, as James said would benefit a diagnostic check in the first instance.

When I had this problem (on my S8) it turned out to be a faulty ABS sensor, do you feel the ABS kicking when stopping from very low speeds ie in traffic as well? that was another symptom of mine

I get this and speedo goes off too, always get the code for front left wheel speed sensor but replaced about 3 times with new ones and doesn't help I'm in the process off finding the fault checking things