Internal Circulation Setting

VWNCC

Reaction score
Hello, for those with the dual-zone climate control in the 8Y, does the internal circulation setting (either Auto/Manual) stay after shutting off and restarting the car? or do you have to click that button every time the car is started?

Thanks.

Auto is definitely a sticky setting. From memory, I think that the manual setting will reset to off each time the car is switched off (but I haven’t checked).
Thanks for the response. Just to confirm, if it is set to Auto, it will stick and stick to Auto every time you restart the car?

What is the difference between Auto and manual anyways? Does Auto occasionally shut it off to allow fresh air in?

Thanks for the response. Just to confirm, if it is set to Auto, it will stick and stick to Auto every time you restart the car?

What is the difference between Auto and manual anyways? Does Auto occasionally shut it off to allow fresh air in?
Yes, if set to auto, it stays on auto between restarts.

The manual is not at all clear on how the aircon behaves in auto-recirculation mode. My assumption is that it pulls in fresh air unless there is a reason not to.

Reactions: VWNCC
Yes, if set to auto, it stays on auto between restarts.

The manual is not at all clear on how the aircon behaves in auto-recirculation mode. My assumption is that it pulls in fresh air unless there is a reason not to.
I agree if sitting behind a bus for example it closes the outside vents and just recirculates the cabin air

I agree if sitting behind a bus for example it closes the outside vents and just recirculates the cabin air

Interesting, so it has sensors to detect whether the air is going to be toxic or stinky?

I wonder if it closes automatically if driving near a waste-water treatment plant.