Internet Security?

wibble111

needs to scratch the itch
Reaction score
Evening all, can anyone recommend a decent internet security suite, i dont mind having to pay for one but obviously a free one would be a bonus. I've been using AVG pro which was acquired from dubious source and now the licence has been blocked.

Cheers, Dave.

Forget paying suites, I now use Microsoft Security Essentials, works well & best of all its Free.

AVG has its quirks like updating is one & sometimes has issues, but so far MS hasnt faulted once & I advise my clients to use it tbh as I always test any new suite to see its worth.

MS doesnt hug memory/cpu & tbh the install routine & space is so easy/minimal you'll forget its even running, its caught a number of issues out & no infections etc so far.

Forget paying suites, I now use Microsoft Security Essentials, works well & best of all its Free.

AVG has its quirks like updating is one & sometimes has issues, but so far MS hasnt faulted once & I advise my clients to use it tbh as I always test any new suite to see its worth.

MS doesnt hug memory/cpu & tbh the install routine & space is so easy/minimal you'll forget its even running, its caught a number of issues out & no infections etc so far.

:iagree:

Thanks for all the replies, plenty to choose from now, think i might try the ms one ta.

I've got the MS one. I used to public test it too, was always good and doesnt bog down windows like the others do. I had kapersky when i was on the W7 public beta and it was getting very sluggish. Recommend MS security essentials. http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Kaspersky is good, i have run this for 2 years and i've been very happy with it. £17 from tesco's i think - cheaper than the official website.

In the past i have used:
NOD32 - Good
AVG - Rubbish
Mcafee - ok, but not to my liking.
Trend - Good