Introduction

beemer5711

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and new to Audi also. Most of my car history has been 4 cylinder VWs and 6 cylinder BMWs. I'm now onto a 6 cyl Audi.

It's a 2014 so B8.5 3.0tdi Black edition plus, 7 speed. Taking ownership of this car was almost a forced hand, my trusty 08 Passat that I do 450 miles a week in decided to put a rod through the block on a Wednesday so the hunt was on for the nicest auto 3l diesel estate (any brand) within budget by the Friday and this is what I found.
It's a 60k mile car bought privately with a full Audi history and box service at 40k miles. Glacier white with some nice options such as ACC but it's also not a massive spec'd car.

I've been looking online to find out as much as possible but to be honest there isn't much about.

Can anyone on here share some info about my engine and gearbox please? As simple or as complex as you like.
It's a CDUC engine and the transmission code from the Audi print out I have is PWU which I think is 0b5(?), is this a dry dual clutch?

I would like to map the car, mainly for economy and a bit more overtaking on my 450 motorway mile a week commute. However, I've been reading about the 550nm gearbox limit. How true is this? I won't be driving the car hard, I would just like some more torque for quicker overtaking but at the same time I need reliability for the milage I do.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Audi no plate

Reactions: EXSpartan36 and DickoB8
Hi and :sign welcome:,there are some very knowledgeable people on this forum, i'm sure you'll get the info that you're looking for.:salute:

Hi and :sign welcome:,there are some very knowledgeable people on this forum, i'm sure you'll get the info that you're looking for.:salute:

Thanks mate!
I just want to know as much as possible about my car haha!

Also welcome to audi and congratulations to your new car you made a good choice since I have saloon version of yours
I'm not gonna tell you a lot but when it comes to yours/mine dsg gearbox, I red in darksiders Web about it as they remapping them and they saying limit is on 600 Nm and has 2 circuits of oils which one is sealed and one needs changing.... I saw somewhere 38k miles, I do change every 40k since mine mechanic saying is good enough....

Last edited:
Also welcome to audi and congratulations to your new car you made a good choice since I have saloon version of yours
I'm not gonna tell you a lot but when it comes to yours/mine dsg gearbox, I red in darksiders Web about it as they remapping them and they saying limit is on 600 Nm and has 2 circuits of oils which one is sealed and one needs changing.... I saw somewhere 38k miles, I do change every 40k since mine mechanic saying is good enough....

Happy days, how is it? has it been reliable etc?
I didn't know about that dark side tuner but I've just had a look and they seem knowledgeable so I'm going to fire them an email. Cheers

Happy days, how is it? has it been reliable etc?
I didn't know about that dark side tuner but I've just had a look and they seem knowledgeable so I'm going to fire them an email. Cheers

So far so good ....
I have done 45k miles no issue (odometer is currently on 60k)....
Have been around whales, to Scotland which is like 500 miles drive for me :)
I have been only recall last year by audi for faulty heating element :D and I needed tu put some vaseline on headlight washer driver side because it struggled to retract, now folding mirrors getting bit noisy when foldimg/unfolding so it needs lubricate... But that's something what I need to do due I'm not servicing with audi. 1st owner done one service with them and I saw on report they do lubricate things hinges....
otherwise superb car for me

Last edited:
I have just had mine in for the "aux heater" recall and all they done was check it. Surely they know UK cars aren't fitted with one?

Enjoying the car more than I thought I would to be honest. I actually quite like the sound it makes too.

Good choice of engine for that kind of mileage! They do remap well but be sure to use someone with experience of the car that knows the limits of the gearbox.

Seen 48mpg at an easy pace yesterday on Vpower, haha!

I asked a well known company about the torque figures and the response I got basically told me if I map it and drive at part throttle it will be okay, haha!
I won’t say who as they were polite just with some slightly dodgey advice, ha.

It said
Thank you for your enquiry.

Please click the following link for details of what we offer for your car:

If you have a look at the power and torque curves, you will see that the peak increase is in the mid-rev range, 2,500-3,200 rpm. These figures were measured at full throttle; if you drive at part throttle you will have no issues. Our development was done on our MD's car at the time, it was an A6 but otherwise the same spec as yours; it was driven in a spirited fashion for three years, and we never had any problems. In fact, we have never had any problems with any DSG gearbox.

Kind regards,”

I’ve been reading about chain rattle on start up, and there’s not much about it on B8 cars or CDUC engine code. Is this something I should look out for on mine or was it rectified by 2014?