Investing in ??

joedredd

2009 S4 just love it
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all

If you had a few ££s (hundreds) to invest in, what would you do with it to gain value on a long term?

Vintage comics, gold coins/ banknotes, stamps etc

Banks offer poor interest with savings/ ISAs so looking at viable alternatives

Thanks

Dividend reinvestment plans are a good way to get into stocks/shares, just be mindful of transaction fees, especially when only dealing in small amounts.

I like playing around with penny shares too, started with £400 I had for my 18th birthday and have paid for 2 holidays a year with the profits ever since. Hargreaves landsdown is a good site to look at if it's something you may be interested in.

Dividend reinvestment plans are a good way to get into stocks/shares, just be mindful of transaction fees, especially when only dealing in small amounts.

I like playing around with penny shares too, started with £400 I had for my 18th birthday and have paid for 2 holidays a year with the profits ever since. Hargreaves landsdown is a good site to look at if it's something you may be interested in.

Interesting, always thought that stocks/ shares are pretty risky. Will do some research though.

Depends how risky you can afford to be with the money I suppose,

Gold is defiantly safer than shares, I just enjoy share dealing more personally, but you would need to do your homework first so you can take a calculated risk.

Royal mint website occasionally sell limited runs of commemorative coins for their face value too and they're always worth more after 6 months