IOS 13 & MMI

zaka7

Reaction score
Morning all,

Just wondering if anyone else who has update to IOS now all of a sudden has a pop up on the MMI when phone connects to bluetooth requesting a user name and password for the data transfer?

I don't know what this is so cancel it and everything works as it should because I have paired my phone with the car years ago. Just wondering if anyone knows what it is or why it's doing it? I assume it is something to do with the new security in IOS 13, but then because the device is paired it works fine, so I don't really see the point?

I also have the same problem since updating to IOS13. I think I will delete my phone from the bluetooth settings and pair it again. I hope that this will help. Will see

Had the same problem today, I deleted the phone pairing on the MMI and the phone and reconnected. Problem solved.

I’d already tried this as my first port of call. And when re connecting it actually asked for the username and password as soon as it established connection. So i’m at a loss!

I un-paired my phone from the MMI and then when I re-paired it, I also got the message pop up. However, since doing this, for the past couple of days, I no longer get the message, it only appeared the once when doing the pairing.

There is also an IOS 13.1 release tomorrow, which fixes a few bugs and this could be one of them.

I deleted it from the car again, but this time also deleted it from my phone and then re paired them and that seems to have worked :) No idea what that was about.

In my case, carplay has stopped working with IOS13. The phone is no longer reconized when connecting it with the cable.

Anyone else has this issue?

You may have to unlock your phone to start using it if you have the USB option ticket in your settings.
Go into touch ID and Passcode, and at the bottom see what option USB accessories is set too.
I personally have mine on for security, and just unlock the phone when I plug it into my car, then lock it once active. If that doesn't solve it try another cable, and make sure you have the latest IOS 13.1.2