Facelift iOS 13 public beta bluetooth password??

larbel

Reaction score
Testing out iOS13 public beta 1 on MMI2, CarPlay split screen is nice and working perfectly. But whenever BT is connected, MMI2 popped up a notice saying, password is required for this transfer..

BT connects and works as normal if I cancel the screen, but if I go through with it, it askes for user name and password which the phone doesn't prompt for anything and no idea what user name nor password is it even asking.. Anyone trying it out and have any idea?

Testing out iOS13 public beta 1 on MMI2, CarPlay split screen is nice and working perfectly. But whenever BT is connected, MMI2 popped up a notice saying, password is required for this transfer..

BT connects and works as normal if I cancel the screen, but if I go through with it, it askes for user name and password which the phone doesn't prompt for anything and no idea what user name nor password is it even asking.. Anyone trying it out and have any idea?

Yes I also get this.

Have submitted feedback to Apple.

I’m just cancelling it for now.

Having the same problem with public beta 4 but everything is working properly except the phone function where I can only see calls taken in the car.

Moral of the story is not to install beta versions, as they are incomplete and untested. Why apple allows this beggars belief...

Have you guys got any screenshots of the split screen?
The 8v screen is not like the newer ones that’s ultra wide so the split screen might not look that great.

Must admit I haven't had any problems with beta 4. Not that I use bluetooth for anything when the phone is already cabled to get Carplay running.

But sweet lord Jesus I love how I can now have the JB4 app running on my phone and still see the Spotify interface on the MMI (and not the Carplay main menu) - it was about time Apple did something about this.

Is ios13 going to enable CarPlay wirelessly over BT, or is this a car software restriction?

Thanks

Is ios13 going to enable CarPlay wirelessly over BT, or is this a car software restriction?

Thanks

I believe this is a restriction on the mmi not the iPhone.
Some newer cars have wireless CarPlay but not many.

Reactions: Pook

Thanks

The wireless function is through wi-fi and not bt and I'm sure it's not supported in our 8V cars.

The wireless function is through wi-fi and not bt and I'm sure it's not supported in our 8V cars.

Think the 8v with mmi plus(tech pack) has all the necessary hardware whether Audi has configured it to work is another problem. There’s plenty of adaptations/coding in 5f that mentions wireless CarPlay but nothing happens when turned on so think they might be holding out for the newer cars even though the hardware is fairly similar or the same.

Ah thanks for that, nevermind, maybe on the all new A3/S3. I like CarPlay kind of but I can’t be doing with plugging it in every ride so I don’t use it, shame really. Gues it may be a reason to get the next car :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Lehn
Ah thanks for that, nevermind, maybe on the all new A3/S3. I like CarPlay kind of but I can’t be doing with plugging it in every ride so I don’t use it, shame really. Gues it may be a reason to get the next car :tearsofjoy:

It’s my biggest gripe after spending a fortune on technology pack with wireless charging and then need to plug a cable to use the features. No point in the wireless charger if I’m having to use the cable every time.

Reactions: Pook and Lehn
Problem is suddenly gone. I don't know why but it is. Maybe it was a wrong certificate or something like that.