iPhone Help Required!

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hello All,

I currently have an iPhone 5 and it is driving me CRAZY! When I am making a call my ears seem to press buttons and all I constantly get is the button beep in my ear and sometimes it inadvertently hangs up the call! This is happening every call I make and soooooo annoying!

My iPhone 4 had the exact same problem.

Is there any way to lock the screen whilst I am making a call?

Any help would be very much appreciated! (before I launch the phone at the nearest wall!!!)

pic of your ears
as large funny shaped ears can do this.
as its both the 4 and 5 its worth checking.

but iv never had that problem my daughters 5c was doing the same she got it swapped out an apple for a new one.

but if its locked when you answer.

it stays locked when your on the call mine does anyway.

When the call is connecting, press the lock button and this should lock the screen... be careful though, do it too early and it'll hang up.
I think this will only work when using headphones?

ScottishS3… During a call when you hold the phone to your ear, does the screen go black?

During a call when you hold the phone to your ear, you screen should go black, if not you phone may need resetting?

Last edited:
it should do

have you had the screen replaced ?

Have you got a screen protector on it? They can sometimes stop the sensor from working properly.

If you have got one on it, cut out a small area out around the sensor & see if that solves the problem...

Have you got a screen protector on it? They can sometimes stop the sensor from working properly.

If you have got one on it, cut out a small area out around the sensor & see if that solves the problem...
Tried that earlier today but hasn't made a difference.

Must be those ears as i have no problems with my 5S. Have you tried installing new ears?

Reactions: Nilz
Yeah must be my big ears! ******' EARS!

haha reminds me of Father Ted..

330b753eaddfd92ca81f7c9ef01af9f1.jpg

Reactions: Benisere and ScottishA4B9