iPhone volume

bennymac

Reaction score
Hi folks, I’ve a s4 B9 I recently bought from Audi Stirling and when I connect my phone via Bluetooth the volume increases to maximum all on its own. Even if I turn it back down manually on the phone it will increase to maximum. Not a huge issue except when you disconnect and a message comes in at full volume

I’m up to date with iPhone software btw, anyone know of a fix ?

Does this also do with another handset, test with ios & android if possible.

Yup, mine did this on B9 S4 and now on B9 RS4. Have got used to it but my ears would certainly appreciate any fix !!

Maybe try changing the device type setting on the iphone‘s Bluetooth menu? There’s an option for car stereo.
On mine you can adjust the volume with the phone side buttons as well as the car volume knob ‍♂️

Maybe try changing the device type setting on the iphone‘s Bluetooth menu? There’s an option for car stereo.
On mine you can adjust the volume with the phone side buttons as well as the car volume knob ‍♂️
Does that not just alter the Bluetooth output volume of your phone? The ICE volume control will be completely independent.

Easiest solution is to not have the ICE volume up so loud.

Ah I re-read the op and I think I mis-understood - so the phone volume goes to max, not the car.
Could always try the old “delete the Bluetooth connection and reconnect” trick.
Still worth looking at what type of connection your phone thinks the car is, also - I’m sure there is a Bluetooth volume setting on the MMI, could this be having an impact?

Does that not just alter the Bluetooth output volume of your phone? The ICE volume control will be completely independent.

Easiest solution is to not have the ICE volume up so loud.
Doesn’t matter what volume level you select for the ICE, after you disconnect it just ramps ringer level to max on your phone. The next alert or call you get will come in at max volume.