iPhone XS Max anyone [emoji15]

T

T-800

New iPhones launched today.

9f214d90d2f966fdc34c5ffc1692c9c1.png

856137c87cfb2912a356eb168c62c958.png

Reactions: DieselJake and NevMan
Switching to Android.
Was against it but got my wife Huawei P20 Lite few months back and am really impressed with it. Pictures/video quality is great. Phone speed and response is excellent. Battery life is just amazing.

I’m still on iPhone 6 I have 4th or 5th year now and battery last less than 1/4 of the day.
Going to get myself P20 Pro shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Switching to Android.
Was against it but got my wife Huawei P20 Lite few months back and am really impressed with it. Pictures/video quality is great. Phone speed and response is excellent. Battery life is just amazing.

I’m still on iPhone 6 I have 4th or 5th year now and battery last less than 1/4 of the day.
Going to get myself P20 Pro shortly.

Fair enough. Have been tempted to move to android, but when family all have IOS, is a pain as would need to use different messaging.

Reactions: KrisKrk
I do love my pixal 2 XL but I've spent too much money over the years in iTunes so I'll probably be buying Apple again in the future. But £1500 is stupid money!!!???

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: KrisKrk
Fair enough. Have been tempted to move to android, but when family all have IOS, is a pain as would need to use different messaging.

Battery life is the most convincing point in the comparison for me.
I’ve been with Apple since 3GS but after 6 couldn’t understand the following of latest phone technology trend as it got more and more expensive with less to offer.
Few years back, people run away from cords/cables and wanted to have smaller phones. Now, you’re tied up with wires from power banks you carry in the backpack and your phone looks like bathroom tile.
Where this world is going?

I always was different from others and stood out of the crowd. If was to message everyone I keep contact with via txt messages, not imessages, tough.
You got the message in the end, didn’t you? You have unlimited amount of them, right?
Life goes on

Last edited:
The £1500 price tag is ridiculous but it is for the 512GB storage version. I think the least storage was still £1k though.

I really don't see why anyone would need 512 on a phone. That's ridiculous. Especially with unlimited data plans.

I'd consider myself kinda a tech person but to hell with paying anywhere near that amount for a phone. I generally just buy used phones which are a generation or two behind. Or cheaper phones from companies like Oneplus.

Everyone should be using WhatsApp.. :) I use it for 99.9% of messages I send. Or Facebook messenger.. But I have those contacts on WhatsApp normally anyway. Haven't sent a normal sms text in years.

I don't use FB, and hate ****** WhatsApp. Agree on storage, I pay 0.50p per month for 50GB iCloud, and will only go for the 64GB iPhone XR, and after selling my 6S, will have about £500 to pay, or may actually sign up to the Apple upgrade program, which will be £41 p/m

Reactions: T-800
Battery life is the most convincing point in the comparison for me.
I’ve been with Apple since 3GS but after 6 couldn’t understand the following of latest phone technology trend as it got more and more expensive with less to offer.
Few years back, people run away from cords/cables and wanted to have smaller phones. Now, you’re tied up with wires from power banks you carry in the backpack and your phone looks like bathroom tile.
Where this world is going?

I always was different from others and stood out of the crowd. If was to message everyone I keep contact with via txt messages, not imessages, tough.
You got the message in the end, didn’t you? You have unlimited amount of them, right?
Life goes on

opinions, plus as I have iMac, MacBook and iPad, I am unlikely to change my phone am I

Reactions: KrisKrk and T-800
I'm the other way around :playful: I have a MacBook but then I have a Pixel 2, Huawei watch 2, 3 Google homes, Android based TV, Nexus player and probably more. Damn all these companies and their ecosystems! Bloke I work with brought a Samsung camera the other day and said it wouldn't let him update it with his iPhone but people online say it works fine with Samsung's... Why can't everything just work with everything, stupid hungry monopolists.

Agree, not solely Apple. Got Mac and iMac from work anyway, and use Sonos around the the house...the best! And Amazon TV, and Nest Smart home products. Just really like iPhones, but have NEVER bought the latest and greatest. Currently got a 6S, after I had a 3gs, 5, 6 over the years. But this time will either go Xr or Xs

Reactions: T-800
Buy whatever does the job.

I have a mac for work as its easier to run things on compared to Windows, command line is better, docker, python etc.. Easier to setup. But wouldn't buy one for home.

Don't understand people who would only buy iPhone because they have apple other things. But each to their own.

Buy whatever does the job.

I have a mac for work as its easier to run things on compared to Windows, command line is better, docker, python etc.. Easier to setup. But wouldn't buy one for home.

Don't understand people who would only buy iPhone because they have apple other things. But each to their own.

As above, buy it because I like them. iMac at home knocks the socks off my windows 10 machine. Hate that O/S! As you say buy whatever does the job, but ideally something you actually like. Just like cars

Reactions: oli356
As above, buy it because I like them. iMac at home knocks the socks off my windows 10 machine. Hate that O/S! As you say buy whatever does the job, but ideally something you actually like. Just like cars

Agree with you there.....Windows 10 is just about the worst operating system I’ve come across.

Agree with you there.....Windows 10 is just about the worst operating system I’ve come across.
Still prefer the file explorer on it, I find Finder to be garbage. I am using Mac for more things at work compared to my Windows clients, but finder I still have never gotten use to.

I'd also appreciate if my Macbook fan didn't sound like a jet engine when I play a YouTube video or use Google maps but hey ho.

To be honest with the things you've said you run I'm surprised your not running Linux.

I have a new(ish) Macbook Pro and it's been totally silent whatever the weather but my old one was like a jet engine too, guess the SSD's and new processors sorted the noisy stuff out.

Near the end he says why he thinks the iPhones are so expensive

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I currently have the iPhone 7 Plus, I went for the bigger phone in hope for better battery life which did work. So I will probably go for the XS Max which is the same size as my current 7 plus. I’m due an upgrade next month and being self employed I put the phone down for work to claim the crazy cost back.

Reactions: T-800 and NevMan
Have ordered the XS Max 256GB.

Delivery Friday 21st.

Reactions: A12RNX and NevMan