Ipod Adapter

Orts

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I recently put a new head unit into my A3 (2005 3 door) and I am looking to sell the Ipod Adapter that came with the car and the Concert Stereo.

I used the wires from the car which had the Ipod plug attached on it on my new head unit, the question i have is do all Concert stereo's have this plug attached with their wires to just slot into? or will the buyer have to buy some sort of connection/new plugs to put into the back of their head unit to link up to the adapter??

Thanks

Depends which type of connection you have as Audi changed from DIN to Quadlock around 2005, so yours could be either.
ISO vehicles all come with the plug, but not all are wired, some are just a blank plug, some are a 3 part connector (on older 8L's, pre 2000). It then also depends if they have a CD changer pre-wired as this will occupy the connector you need for the iPOD adapter. This is the adapter they may need which breaks out the ISO connector into 3 separate parts, so you can do what you want, but some iPOD adapters are supplied with this adapter - depends which one you have:
Audi iPOD MP3 splitter CD changer PIE AA3 HAR adapter | eBay UK

From my experience, the car is spec'd with wiring when ipod adapter is fitted, although audi do change there minds between chassis's & years as to what wiring they do fit for parts not spec'd, the changer etc wiring isnt 1 of them I've seen included if not fitted, so buyer would need to either make a loom or buy 1 pre-made.