IPOD Adapters

Grovester

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a new A3 with a factory fitted Ipod connection in the glove box. You can then dock your Ipod in the glove box. My problem is that it docks and works but there is a lot of movement. There are adapters provided but these look as though they are for narrower ipods like the nano.

I have the 30gb ipod.

Does anyone have the same kit? I just need to know whether I'm missing an adapter or not.

Any help appreciated

It should have come with a reduction plate (flat) and a set of ski ramp like inserts for reducing the fitment for differnet thikness Ipods, also a reducer for a nano.

I have a 30GB thin Ipod in mine and it never rattles.

I got the reduction plate (flat) and 2 adapters for narrower Ipods.

I didn't get any ski ramp like inserts for reducing thickness.

Does the reduction plate just slot in without any adapters?

Thanks for your help.

Can you control the ipod via the head unit with the glovebox connection?

And I was also led to believe that you could only play 'playlists' off your ipod - is that true?

Thanks,

Si.

I got my iPod adapter fitted to my A4 but got no ramp thing. Should I have got one too? Mine is in bubble rap in the glove box.

It's still crap though.

Still haven't sussed out whether I am missing adapters but Audi are checking with parts.

Mine is the factory fitted Ipod connection (not done at the dealer). It doesn't have a lead but does have a docking station in the glove box. You control it from the stero or the steering wheel.

You don't get names but you can create 6 playlists

You can have 99 tracks in each playlist. Once you get used to it, it does work.

It's like having a 6 cd player but with 1000's more tracks and no CD's all round the car

Yep. that's the one I have, but modified to fit into my A8 Ipod.

It definately came with a set of ramps and a reducer for slim Ipods

Part number for the adaptor set is 1K0 868 003 A

Just in case Audi need to order them again for you.

Here is a picture of my Ipod adaptor fitted into the A8, you can clearly see the reducer plate and the ski ramp type thing.

ipod.jpg

That's the same as mine. The only differecne is that mines the other way round.

I'll print your photo and show the dealer.

Thanks for you help.

It would be good to have a lead that links from your iPod to the docking station as this would mean if you have a passenger they could browse through your iPod. I don't think such a lead exists though as I've tried searching the web