Ipod Car Kit

looks spot on mate! like you say its better than just track 1, 2 etc! looking forward to getting mine fitted now, hopefully on sat! im doing an ashtray install aswell, hopefully everything goes to plan. will post pics up on completion!

just remembered getting spoiler fitted on sun aswell

Looks quite good mate, does it plug into the Head unit or do you need to run a cable to the DIS?

Also did you keep the CD Changer, if so where does the retention kit fit in? Head unit side or CD Changer side?

Thanks

Chris

i think if you have a in-dash cd changer, it is not affected so no retention kit required. (only need one if you have an external changer) will have to get K-Dash to clear this up for us!

Any pics of ipod mount K-Dash? good job mate!:salute:

Cheers fellas,

to my surprise and delight my INTERNAL cd changer is still working.

So all in all, a very succesful install.

the one and only thing i don't like is that even when i'm using the radio or cd or tape it dispalys "aux gw".

which is basically the code for auxillary input gateway. not the ipod bit but the aux in on the dension box.

knew it would still work within dash cd changer!:sm4:

Do you mean on the DIS (instead of cd track 1, tape etc?)

Suppose as long as it does the job mate!

Cant wait to do mine now, hope my wiring harness comes tomorrow:unsure:

It does work. just have to press cd for cd and then cd again for ipod.

yeah the dis is the only display that shows track info etc.

the only difference with the hu display is it says cdc1 cdc2 cdc3 etc. rather than cd1 cd2.

One thing i have noticed is with the quality of sound bettered because the cable i good, itunes own tracks are really crystal clear and the bass can really be felt.

Finally got mine fitted now!:yahoo:

My DIS doesn't show track info but think its because im usingan ipod touch, might work with nano or something.

Really pleased and looks great, will post some pics up!

I've put a number of different ipods in my car using my kit and they all display track info.

so its definately a part no specific thing.

here is a link for the unit alone... but im not sure of what connectors you will need!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALPINE-IPOD-VIDEO-TOUCH-INTERFACE-KCE-425i_W0QQitemZ120394425170QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP?hash=item120394425170&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I've put a number of different ipods in my car using my kit and they all display track info.

so its definately a part no specific thing.

Have you tried an ipod touch 2nd gen? i will have to get a hold o a nano or something and see what happens.

Here's a pic of my ipod ashtray (DIY job). pretty pleased with the outcome. Main thing is that it works!!!:music:

Let me know what you think!
DSC01124.jpg

just to crash this thread..... i have the symphony 2 with bose.. its the headunit with tape and the 6 disc changer built into the headunit.

will the dension 100 fit ok and run an ipod touch gen 2 ok? does the 100 charge the touch?

thanks for any replys
chris

Does the Audi kit not show the tracks and playlist names on the headunit?

I've just ordered a new S3 and specced the iPod kit thinking that it would show all the names etc...

Does the Audi kit not show the tracks and playlist names on the headunit?

I've just ordered a new S3 and specced the iPod kit thinking that it would show all the names etc...

I don't know what happens if the car has the Audi navigation system and screen but with the Concert III radio it only shows the Track Number on both the unit and in the DIS. You can select the first 5 playlists using the numbered CD buttons but that's all. Button 6 plays everything.