iPod connection

aprilia dude

Reaction score
is it possible to connect an iPod to the mmi .. if so is it done by the USB or aux cable ?
Having brain strain with this new mmi and audi connect thing !!

Yep just use USB connection in arm rest with your normal iPod USB cable. Then it shows up under Media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What iPod is it?

Might be worth checking if you have the latest updates by plugging into iTunes, and try a different cable? My wife has a nano gen 7 and it works fine.

Ok I Sussed it .. it's all down to the lightning cable
There are 2 types of lightning cable .. the older one which is wide and flat
And the newer which is the small iPhone 6 type ... and the mmi system is only compatible with the 2nd type !

Having brain strain here .. according to audi the iPod nano 7th gen is compatible.. mine still says not supported.!! Any ideas ..my mmi and ipod are all up to date
What iPods are you lot using ?

Strange as my wife has been able to use hers in the car via USB and is a Gen7 Nano. I think I recall someone saying by resetting their iPod and reloading music worked for them?

It hasn't worked for me ... my iPod still shows up as not supported on the mmi media .. I have got apple customer support on the case now suggesting that it's the latest software on the iPod that's the culprit..
This is a link to what audi say what phones and media is compatible with the mmi

http://microsites.audi.com/ngw_assets/mobile_db/index.html?ds=json_en

But the firmware version when the 7th gen nano was tested is 1.0pc
And the firmware version now is 1.1.2pc

Sorry was meant to reply to this sooner but only just had opportunity to check. My Wife's Gen7 Nano is model MD475QB and is running F/W 1.0.4 PC

I've got an old 160Gb iPod classic running version 1.0.2 (I think) and it works fine with my MMI via USB under the arm rest, occasionally locks up, but that happened on the BMW and Mercedes I had too, so more an iPod issue.

Non ha funzionato per me ... il mio iPod appare ancora come non supportato sul supporto mmi .. Ho l'assistenza clienti Apple sul caso che ora suggerisce che è l'ultimo software sull'iPod che è il colpevole ..
Questo è un collegamento a ciò che audi dice quali telefoni e media sono compatibili con l'mmi

http://microsites.audi.com/ngw_assets/mobile_db/index.html?ds=json_en

Ma la versione del firmware quando è stato testato il 7th gen nano è 1.0pc
E la versione del firmware ora è 1.1.2pc
Risolto il problema con l'iPod?
Ho un MIB2 aggiornato al software più recente ma non vedo la connessione con l'iPod Video di quinta generazione, anch'esso aggiornato.