iPod connector glove box

Siondc

A4 Avant 2.0tfsi KO4
Reaction score
I have this iPod connection in my glove box. I’ve tested it with an old iPod and bought an adapter to test with my iPhone but I can’t get it to do anything. There doesn’t seem to be any buttons that correlate to the connector. Any help on how to get it to work would be appreciated

Attachments

• 87584D8E-AEDB-4F7F-A61A-6C06F807DFF9.jpeg
    87584D8E-AEDB-4F7F-A61A-6C06F807DFF9.jpeg
    925.8 KB · Views: 2,236
Have you tried pressing cd twice? (Or once if it’s already playing cd?)

Does the ipod connection work the same as an aux input? Obviously with an ipod plug on the end. I miss having an aux connection and dont fancy ramming all the aftermarket sh*t behind the dash!

Does the ipod connection work the same as an aux input? Obviously with an ipod plug on the end. I miss having an aux connection and dont fancy ramming all the aftermarket sh*t behind the dash!
Don’t think so mate. I’m not 100% but I think it’s an CD changer emulator, so there’s more going on than just audio input.

I see, im wondering whether its possible to retrofit the oem ipod connection but maybe wire in and aux lead inplace of the ipod version

Possibly but I haven’t read anything about anyone doing it. You can retrofit the oem iPod connector and get a Bluetooth adapter to allow Bluetooth connectivity, I know it’s not an aux connection but could be next best thing. Search 30 pin to Bluetooth adapter or tune2air

Reactions: AvantAlexB7