Ipod in armrest

JustCharlie

Reaction score
evenin fellas

a pal of mine is fitting an I-pod in the armrest of his 02 S3, whats the best way of gettin a cable in to the armrest compartment?

cheers

Gaz

i did mine today with a dension kit but my cars a 1999 with a concert HU. i went for the glove box as Ive got cup holders in the arm rest.

not sure regarding the original question sorry

Well, all you'd need to do is run a cable under the centre plastic cover, down the side of the gear gaiter and then up the arm-rest.

You'd need to drill a hole in the bottom of the arm-rest for the cable, plus somehow route it through the arm-rest rotation mechanism (probably the most difficult part). The centre console can be removed/loosened by just undoing the screws on the side of it (under small plastic covers) and IIRC couple of bolts under the rubber mats. You would need to remove the gear gaiter surround to get better access.

I placed my iPod in the glove box as it's the easiest place to use, out of sight and still easy to access to take it out if needed. The amount of work needed to install it into the arm-rest is not worth it in my opinion.

Well, all you'd need to do is run a cable under the centre plastic cover, down the side of the gear gaiter and then up the arm-rest.

You'd need to drill a hole in the bottom of the arm-rest for the cable, plus somehow route it through the arm-rest rotation mechanism (probably the most difficult part). The centre console can be removed/loosened by just undoing the screws on the side of it (under small plastic covers) and IIRC couple of bolts under the rubber mats. You would need to remove the gear gaiter surround to get better access.

I placed my iPod in the glove box as it's the easiest place to use, out of sight and still easy to access to take it out if needed. The amount of work needed to install it into the arm-rest is not worth it in my opinion.

Agreed! Mines in my glove box to which leaves my armrest storage space free....