ipod Interface problem

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
Since owning my 2007 S3 with Concert stereo and ipod interface in the glove box I've had connection issues with the ipod to interface, so I just decided to remove the interface and have a gander at whats going on, I stripped the whole interface down and with the ipod connected to it whilst stripped down it worked ok so theres a problem within the interface when rebuilt (I think the connection is restricted by the plastic housings)
So looks like I'm in need of a new interface! but do I buy a genuine replacement interface or can I get either a genuine upgraded interface or aftermarket? I use my ipod touch 1st or 2nd generation think it is in the car atm but if I could use my iphone 5 and get an interface to use as handsfree also would be even better?

failing all that and I just buy a replacement OE interface can I buy the ipod adapter inserts from Audi? as my S3 didn't come with them (probably the reason the interface connections so poor!)

cheers

Just buy an extension lead to get around the connection problem, as the trays etc they use are shxt on this model which tbh is also shxt & let the ipod sit in the bottom of the glovebox.

Ultimate solution would be mk2 rns-e & ami which would give you allot better control & systems, but these are costly, albeit good :)