iPod Kit in Glove box

btcc2000

Reaction score
I've just fitted a XCARLink ipod control (model: AL2007i) so my iPod can live in the glove box and I can control it through the stereo or from the steering wheel. However when I press CD twice it doesn't pick the ipod up, it does nothing. The alternative (according to the instructions) is to use 'Mode' on the steering wheel but that picks up the Nokia car kit. Has anyone else experienced this before? Help!!!

cant help you on ure question but...how much was the ipod connector..and can it be connected to a standard audi concert audio system or do you have to have rns-e system??

Cost me about £60 from ebay. You'll have to ask them the question if it will work with yours. It suited mine as mine has the cd changer built in so the port for the multi changer on the back of the unit was free

Cost me about £60 from ebay. You'll have to ask them the question if it will work with yours. It suited mine as mine has the cd changer built in so the port for the multi changer on the back of the unit was free

Hi this sounds promising for what I would like to do...
I have the changer in the glove also. Is it the XcarLink you bought? and where from? thanks

Do an ebay search for this:- AUDI IPOD Adapter link Car kit Interface A3 A4 A6 A8 TT

I used them but I emailed direct with an offer of £50 which they agreed, so maybe go in with a lower price. I still used paypal so my payment were secure and they also sent it recorded with a tracking reference.

Ah excellent. So with the AL2007i can i still use the CD changer or is this disconnected? (Audi Concert with Bose)

I believe it will be disconnected but not 100% sure on that as my changer is built into the stereo so no changer in the glove box. To be honest i'd unplug it as I never use mine anymore, whats the point when you have your ipod??

AFAIK the ipod connection either Dension, Xcarlink, OEM all connect to the CD multi changer port. You then select the ipod by changing the head unit to the CD changer. Discs 1 to 6 then map to play lists on the ipod. It doesn’t matter which head unit you have as it is the same on both the Concert and RNS-E. If you have an external multi changer (e.g. one in the glove box) you would have to disconnect it to connect the ipod, you cannot have both connected. If you have a head unit with built in multi-changer then you still have a multi-changer port on the back to connect the ipod interface, so can use both.

If you have an external multi changer (e.g. one in the glove box) you would have to disconnect it to connect the ipod, you cannot have both connected.

I know that Dension certainly do a CD retention kit, I am not sure about the others, but it allows you to keep the external CD changer also.

Is it worth buying the original Ipod connection accessory? ANy views? any limitations compared to the others?

IIRC the Dension enables the iPod controls when CD6 is selected, but the Audi kit leaves the iPod controls disabled.

I've had both and I hadn't noticed any difference. Apart from the Audi one is a nicer installation. but it's hidden in the glovebox anyway, So I would make the decision based on cost. If the Dension is cheaper, or you want an external cd changer and an ipod go for the Dnesion. Otherwisw OEM :)