Facelift Irritating Rattle Being Investigated By Dealer

taylorc

A4 BE Quattro S-Tronic
Reaction score
So my A4 BE went in yesterday (after a 10 week wait for my appointment) for a very annoying noise/ rattle/ knock or whatever it is that initially seemed around my right shoulder area (and varies in severity).

The noise comes and goes and varies in location but it’s always my right side that picks it up, my son sat behind me and could hear something from the pillar, the seat, door and also rear parcel area so it could be one thing or several!

I took the “master tech” out and he seemed to think it was coming from the boot so they took the car in but alarmingly I was given a call late afternoon to say that they were struggling to fix it!
Apparently they did a mod as advised by Audi technical but it didn’t work so they were awaiting an update..... hence they are keeping the car!

Has anyone experienced anything similar..... on the plus side I have been given an 18 plate S3 to run about it ..... and boy I didn’t realise how much I missed the noise and performance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: DomA and Thundercliffe81
So my A4 BE went in yesterday (after a 10 week wait for my appointment) for a very annoying noise/ rattle/ knock or whatever it is that initially seemed around my right shoulder area (and varies in severity).

The noise comes and goes and varies in location but it’s always my right side that picks it up, my son sat behind me and could hear something from the pillar, the seat, door and also rear parcel area so it could be one thing or several!

I took the “master tech” out and he seemed to think it was coming from the boot so they took the car in but alarmingly I was given a call late afternoon to say that they were struggling to fix it!
Apparently they did a mod as advised by Audi technical but it didn’t work so they were awaiting an update..... hence they are keeping the car!

Has anyone experienced anything similar..... on the plus side I have been given an 18 plate S3 to run about it ..... and boy I didn’t realise how much I missed the noise and performance

Nice loaner

I had this too on my b9 S4. If I'm being honest, I had it on my B8.5 S4 and now my B8 RS4. Build quality eh haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: taylorc
Mine is going in for its second service and a simply awful rattle from the parcel shelf. Never driven a car with something so bad and very unbecoming for a Audi..

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I think it’s a modern car thing. Since moving on from my Audi A6 18 months ago I’ve had 2 merc’s ( CLA 45 and GLC 43) and now a BMW and they all had/have interior rattles. The Merc GLC was by far the worst and the Audi was the best. I think the use of recyclable plastics and cost cutting all play a part.

A buzz or two I can accept, but a rattle that resembles the acorn antiques tea lady's cups and saucers on her tray is not..

Reactions: rasA4, DaveW, Ad72 and 1 other person
A buzz or two I can accept, but a rattle that resembles the acorn antiques tea lady's cups and saucers on her tray is not..

Totally agree and not acceptable however my GLC rattled and creaked badly from the instrument binnacle, dash top, centre console, all four doors, the tail gate and roof liner. Check out YouTube for C class trim rattles.
Just saying that generally Audi’s are among the best screwed together interiors IMO.

Reactions: cuke2u
Quite a few a4's have the parcel shelf rattle though and had it fixed..

I’m just hoping that they fix my noises (parcel shelf or otherwise) because they are driving me crackers!

Reactions: cuke2u and Thundercliffe81
I’m just hoping that they fix my noises (parcel shelf or otherwise) because they are driving me crackers!

Didn't realise it was such a widespread issue. Blimey

The left hand door card rattles in my car which is really annoying! I thinks it’s something to do with the speaker guard.

Finally picked the car back up yesterday, Audi have told me that they did some work on the boot but I’m not sure what exactly!

Initial testing has seen a marked improvement in cabin noise but we will wait and see.......

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and cuke2u
So I have finally got to the bottom of the rattling in my New A4 Avant!!!! Its coming from the light panels within the car!! I have 4 light (mood) panels in my cabin, one in each of the front doors lighting downwards towards arm rest and one in either side of centre console lighting up the foot wells! The car has been rattling for just over 6 months, since I got it basically! It’s been in with Audi twice and they basically said that although they could hear the rattling they couldn’t pin point where it was coming from!! Well it’s taken me a while and I’ve finally found it!! I’ve temporarily wedged some tissue up between the light bar and the plastic trim on all four light bars and the rattling has stoped! It’s going back into Audi in 2 weeks and they’re going to find a permanent solution! Probably wedging a little rubber between the light bars and the trim should do it!! Just glad I found it cos it was driving me mad. Not what I expected from a near £50,000 car!! My old A4 I had for 8 years and 80,000 miles and it never rattled! This ones brand New and already rattling. I hope It gets sorted now and I never have to hear it rattle again!! Pretty dissatisfied!!

The left hand door card rattles in my car which is really annoying! I thinks it’s something to do with the speaker guard.

My Audi garage also thought it was coming from the pillar but after lubing it the noise was still there! I found the rattling to come from the mood light bars, all 4 of them, 1 from each front door and 1 from either side of gear box. I temporarily wedged some tissue up between light bar and plastic trim and the noise/rattling has stopped!! Audi are going to try a more permanent solution by possibly wedging a little rubber instead of tissue!! Hope this helps!!