Irritating squicking brake noise

Andreashadji

Reaction score
Ok so about a month ago changed front disks and pads.went from 345 Zimmerman drilled disks to brembo drilled and from brembo pads to ferodo.
Problem is that after a few km there is a squicking noise coming from the front wheels which stops if I press the brake pedal even slightly.
Changed ferodo pads to brembo pads but still the same thing occurs…
Could it be the disk or something else entirely?
Drives me nuts to hear that damn noise…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is caused by dust from the pads on the discs. When you touch the brakes, the pads just touch the discs and so the noise stops. I fixed this when we had Pagid pads to Brembo. You will probably find that it stops in wet weather

Reactions: Andreashadji
It is caused by dust from the pads on the discs. When you touch the brakes, the pads just touch the discs and so the noise stops. I fixed this when we had Pagid pads to Brembo. You will probably find that it stops in wet weather

Thanks for the reply!thought so also that’s why I changed ferodo pads to brembo but still the same.
Didn’t have that problem with the previous setup(Zimmerman and brembo)so maybe the current disc also has something to do with it?

Ok so about a month ago changed front disks and pads.went from 345 Zimmerman drilled disks to brembo drilled and from brembo pads to ferodo.
Problem is that after a few km there is a squicking noise coming from the front wheels which stops if I press the brake pedal even slightly.
Changed ferodo pads to brembo pads but still the same thing occurs…
Could it be the disk or something else entirely?
Drives me nuts to hear that damn noise…

Did you use copper grease on the back of the pads and the top and bottom of the carriers where the pads touch. Also are your pads tight in the carriers? If all seems good then maybe they just need bedding in as they are new pads and always touching slightly on the disks, you can always use a flat block and sand a small amount off the pads to speed up the process and see if it fixes the problem. Hope this helps as I know how irritating this is when driving. Good luck and I hope you get it sorted.

Reactions: Andreashadji
Did all that with the second pair of pads but it’s been at least 15 days on the car and still the sound is there.
I will wait it out another 10 days and see what happens

Did all that with the second pair of pads but it’s been at least 15 days on the car and still the sound is there.
I will wait it out another 10 days and see what happens

Ok well it sounds like you have thought of everything then. The only other thing I can think of is taking it somewhere safe and try some hard braking. It's early days on the bedding in process unless you do a lot of miles, so maybe you just need to drive it for a bit longer like you say. Let us know how you get on.