Is 97 ron from costco worth the extra price ?

Audicfc

Reaction score
Just seen that costco have 95 ron down to 99p and was just wondering if there is any benefit of going for the 97 ron which is still about 1.14 so still a fair difference the now, usually take the 97 ron from costco for my 1.8 tfsi as its usually same price as the 95 ron from the supermarkets but with the price of ron 95 being so cheap the now at costco at 99p is there really any benefits of the 97 ron ? Dont ever see much being said about it as most people just use 99ron if wanting premium fuel ?

Reactions: shaunwo01
Just a side question what petrol stations do 99ron? the highest I can find is 97 by Bp.

Just a side question what petrol stations do 99ron? the highest I can find is 97 by Bp.
Tesco momentum 99 and V power is 99 as well. Last time I used Costco it was 99

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Not sure why you have been using 97 ron in your 1.8 tfsi in the first place, as it will run perfectly on 95 ron. I have been using 95 ron in my Q5 2.0 tfsi since new and, after 2 years, I’ve had no problems with the engine or performance at all, so I suggest you save your money and start using 95 ron. :thumbs up:

Reactions: Audicfc and Phutters
£1.30, not for much longer. Expect fuel prices to drop due to over supply as a result of lower sales. I have heard by as much as 10p/L

Colin

Not sure why you have been using 97 ron in your 1.8 tfsi in the first place, as it will run perfectly on 95 ron. I have been using 95 ron in my Q5 2.0 tfsi since new and, after 2 years, I’ve had no problems with the engine or performance at all, so I suggest you save your money and start using 95 ron. :thumbs up:

Just thought i would try it just because it would work out about the same price as getting the 95 ron from say a place like esso so may aswell give the so called better fuel a try if working out same price. I also thought the polo gti 1.8 uses better fuel aswell but could be wrong.

Looks like i will be at costco late tonight or tomorrow morning when the crowds are away to fill tank up with the 99p 95ron then

I think in normal road use, anyone that can tell the difference in performance would also claim to be able to see the emperor's new clothes.
Doesn't stop me buying the odd tank of VPower though if I'm passing the Shell garage 20 miles away from me that sells petrol at a sensible price because they compete with the nearby Morrisons fuel prices.

Reactions: Audicfc
Wow is it 99p per litre in the UK now? It’s £1.45 per litre here in Switzerland :weary:

Wow is it 99p per litre in the UK now? It’s £1.45 per litre here in Switzerland :weary:

Ive only seen it at 99p at costco but maybe everywhere will come down over next few days

Reactions: Ormesome
I usd the high octane Costco fuel when I had the S3 and it was just as good as the V-power. Since having the A5 I've used the 95 ron Costco fuel, same again no problems.

Reactions: Audicfc and pburv