Is Audi ever this bad?

ardandy

Reaction score
Website
www.thecorrado.co.uk
Todays conversation with a VW parts desk.

--------------------------------

Me: Can I have some prices for a Corrado?
VW: Whats a Corrado?
Me: It's a VW.
VW: Are you sure?
Me: Do you want the chassis number to prove it?
VW: Yeah, go on then.

little bit later on.....................

Me: An electric mirror switch, part of the drivers side door handle.
VW: Hmm, can't seem to find it.
Me: Mine doesn't work so it'd definately there.
VW: From what I remember Corrado's haven't got electric mirrors?
Me: But you'd never heard of them before speaking to me?
VW: Errr, I'll have another look.

......little bit more later on............

VW: Hmm, according to this, the Corrado rear badge is free!
Me: Eh?
VW: Yeah, price = £0.00
Me: Is it really, then I'll have 5 please. (with a hint of 'your an idiot' in my voice)
VW: Ok, then. Oh, wait a minute, it's no longer sold sorry.
and finally.........
Me: Ok, I'll order these parts................, thanks.
VW: Do you have the part numbers?
Me: How would I have them?
VW: Sorry, what we're you wanting again? I've shut the system off and I haven't written down any of the part numbers, thought you just wanted a price.
Me: You're an idiot aren't you?
VW: Sorry,didn't catch that?
Me: Ok, this is what I want!
VW: Ok, ready now.
Me: 2x washer jets, not heated.
VW: Ok, 2 washer jets, non heated for a Passat. Ok, next.
Me: (Hangs Up!)

You sure you never phoned the Audi parts department cause they go to the same training school ! mate was wanting a relay from Audi , and despite giving chassi No,Part No AND showing them old part they still got it wrong ,so it hada long journey from GERMANY for no reason!

I have that same conversation with VW every few days at the moment, my Corrado is stood in the garage on axle stands and I'm fixing all the things that went wrong over the last couple of years but I kept ignoring :keule:

Next job's the gearbox out for cam chains and clutch job, sure I'll be having loads of fun phone calls then :scared2:

I recently got 3 relays for almost €1000 from Audi parts. A bargain really.

ardandy said:
VW: Hmm, according to this, the Corrado rear badge is free!
Me: Eh?
VW: Yeah, price = £0.00
Me: Is it really, then I'll have 5 please. (with a hint of 'your an idiot' in my voice)

PMSL!!!! Love it :lmfao:

Our Horsham Audi parts chap told me catagorically that my 1999 S4 doesn't have roof rails.

The two long black metal strips that run the length of the roof are now puzzling me...............

Next time ask him for head light fluid and a tub of high quality elbow grease HAHA see what he has to say then... OR maybe... Some holes. A box of assorted holes is always a good one. haha... People that dumb should not be allowed to breed!

Jbone664 said:
Next time ask him for head light fluid and a tub of high quality elbow grease HAHA see what he has to say then... OR maybe... Some holes. A box of assorted holes is always a good one. haha... People that dumb should not be allowed to breed!

Or some tartan paint,........the red and green stuff :thrashi:

Mate had a Scirroco storm a few years ago , and along the way the badge got stole, when he went to replace it , none where availible (supprised?) BUT you could buy the corrado storm badge, so he ordered one up after half hour explaining to the parts guy he know it wasnt for a corrado and it wont fit, and after 10 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (vw had to order it from karrmon???) it did a nice tour of europe and made it to scotland only for it to be a Vinal sticker no more than a inch long and for the privilage it was £40(ish)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES I think they are

I had my headlights replaced by Audi under warranty as the Lh/RH adjuster was missing, they spent 4 hours fitting the new lights then gave it back with the adjusters still missing! apparently its a different part number, which they don't know!!

but they proudly announced they still changed the lights as that was what it was booked in for!!!!!!!!!!

:wtf: did they tell the poor sap who spent his morning doing the work

cos its nearly finished me when I picked it up

SKY HOOKS used to be a good one for the new boy, till Ferrari started fitting them to the 360

Have had the same conversation on a weekend when i go in to parts department and they say better come in on a weekday to get that pert.......im like WTF are you doing here then!!!