is glove box hinge covered by extended warranty? tks

nvc

Reaction score
Hello there,
just a quick question

is the glove box hinge covered by extended warranty? tks

I have a 2006 rag A3 , recently the glove box lost it smooth motion, the hinge in charge of getting the glove box
up and down slowly is gone.

I took to bristol audi and they charged me £230 anyway, even through I argued it should be covered by the warranty. I am not happy with that, but I was in a hurry.

I am aware that many Audi A3 and Golf owner had this problem before,

Do I stand a chance to go back and argue again,

in my guarantee hand book, I think it should be covered

many thanks
Lee

I have just spoke to Audi garrantee claim department , they say it should be covered ,and there is no ambiguity at all,

what a rubbish service I received from Bristol Audi, she did not even bother to explain, and she did the repair work and charged me without me telling me the price and OKed first.

That's an interesting question actually would love to hear others' experience with this as my glove box is also problematic.

Nigel helped apply some grease to it which remedied the situation for a while but it's slowly coming back.

That's shocking! What's the next steps for you then?

Same thing happened to my glove box within first couple of months of ownership. They fixed it under warranty FOC, no hassle.

Bristol Audi are pretty terrible to be honest, spose to be a new one being built in bradley stoke though soon so hopefully they may be better.

sorted, had to argue hard with the Bristol services lady, same as usual, they chatted for mins while I was standing waiting before taking a break from it ,and spare time to deal with me,

It's covered. At least that's what Preston Audi told me when they noticed it.
Didn't get it fixed as I prefer it to drop down quickly.
No way should it cost £230, it's a simple fix that has been posted somewhere on here.