Is it me or .....

SteveTDCi

Reaction score
do all of the A3's fitted with leather interior seem to suffer from the drivers side seat boulster collapsing ? my golf did it and i've been looking at the A3 but those with even 4k on the clock seem to suffer.

Full leather,or part leather ?
My part leather interior is in good nick.
No collapsing of side boulsters or wear on leather.
I do use leather conditioning wipes from time to time though.

Mines half leather too and i dont have any probs at 23K.

On a side note, anyone know if theres any products to specificly care for alcantara?

:thumbsup:

What do you mean by the side boulster collapsing?

I know what he means as my S3 looks very creased on the drivers seat just by the thigh support, no problems with my previous 2 A3's though. I'm not too fussed as I'm planning on a partial retrim next year anyway. Its not enough to put me off speccing leather by any stretch.

Yes thats exactly what mines like and I'm hardly a lard ****, I have seen quite a few like this, in fact retrim next ear or not I think I'll pop into Audi and see what they have to say.

VW replaced the foam on my seat to solve the collapsed boulster, but it shouldn't happen in the first place.

This is just something that will happen I'm afraid and it really depends how you sit and get out the car as to how bad it happens.

I seem to sit and put more weight on my right side which puts more pressure on the boulster on that side.

Some people relly tend to sit on them when they get out of the car too which crushes them.

But it shouldn't happen, how come other manufactures can develope cars that keep the shape to the seats ? it seems to be very common on Audis, the newer versions and only with leather.

Mine`s ok. Seats a bit hard on a long journey,seat leon seats best I`ve tried.

I'm of the opinion all seats will wear and deform with time, thats leather for you, its designed to weather and crack.